Found a beautiful 64 quarter in a cull bag!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by TylerH, Oct 15, 2018.

1. TylerH

TylerH Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I found this is a bulk silver bag and it stood out like crazy. Almost mirror like, tons of luster, just beautiful.

Fun find! Where would you put this grade wise? I’m guessing at a solid AU 58 and maybe even a low MS?

Thank you! Also sorry for
    Pics. It’s so reflective it kept reflecting the light I use right into the camera

6D58DD18-2A6B-4C47-9704-1172A9B3AF33.jpeg 35039A64-C92F-4401-97A2-C97529EC95E4.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Check for the C reverse. Nice coin. I assume it was in there because the 64-D is very common and got sold for bullion.
    64 types.png

Seattlite86 likes this.
  4. TylerH

TylerH Well-Known Member

This is awesome info. I’m not well versed on the different quarter types but yes, it looks like this might be a type C! Hard for
    Me To Tell As the A and C look
    Similar. On mine the arrows look nicely defined but the tail feathers don’t look as much? Hard to tell

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  5. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

6. TylerH

TylerH Well-Known Member

Perhaps! I hadn’t noticed until you mentioned it but there does look like some doubling on the D

7. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

Same here. The A reverse looks like a worn out C reverse, although perhaps the way the leaves overlap each other is a difference more easily seen on the coin in hand.

Draft saved Draft deleted