Found a 1909-S VDB!!!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Kevin Farley, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

@Kevin Farley It seems you've been on this site last night (Tuesday 8/11) and would have had a chance to see the initial comments regarding your coin on ebay. Would you like to provide any feedback about your listing, so this post isn't so one sided. It's always best to hear both sides of the story whenever possible.
    upload_2020-8-12_12-18-1.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

And then there is the 1971 DDO listed at $300.00 which is barely DDD. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1971-1C-LI...640964?hash=item4db0cbff44:g:a1sAAOSwdRVfDJ~a
    And let's not forget the Buffalo DDR. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1935-5C-Bu...980290?hash=item4dad89f102:g:o-oAAOSw8zJe49sA
    Wow. Even a newbie should see these for what they are.
    No "report" button shows up on my screen.

Edit: Found the report button and tried to report 1909/19 cent and it wouldn't go through. Did report Buffalo nickel. Choices for reason are so limited, it doesn't do much good.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    Robert Ransom likes this.
  4. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

@Malleus Maleficarum & @furryfrog02 Thank you for your help. I finally found the report button. As other members did, I reported the item. Doubt it will do much good. I also sent a message to the seller. I kept it polite. lol :)

Malleus Maleficarum likes this.
  5. Malleus Maleficarum

Malleus Maleficarum Well-Known Member

Well, someone placed a bid on that dubious coin. :yuck::eek::yack:

Another thing. It seems like something is odd about that account. They seem to have very good feedback. Now they have a bunch of items for sale which are known counterfeits or misleading items, like our Lincoln cent. They have quite a few error coins and a Rolex, which tend to have a high rate of counterfeits on eBay.

Hacked account? Or maybe, just a dubious seller who has a customers who know little or nothing about the items they buy. Perhaps just a seller who's adamant and delusional about a coin he wishes was a 1909 S VDB. To me, something isn't right about this account.

ZoidMeister and Beefer518 like this.
  6. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

I’ve reported the OP to a task force that has the power to forcibly remove sellers from eBay

7. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

For what its worth I looked at the 1971 DDO listing and it does appear to be a DDO, albeit a late stage example. LIB in LIBERTY show it best. Not familiar with the 1935 Buff DDR but other "errors" listed don't look right. On the bright side, the faux 1909-S VDB listing seems gone.

Draft saved Draft deleted