Found 1999 Wide AM Cent

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Kasia, Aug 26, 2011.

1. proofartoncircs

proofartoncircs Junior Member

Yes, thank you 10gary22 for all that information.

I may be a little jealous. I like the D mint clad quarter type B's. The 1971 D and 1972 D appear to be from 1 die each only. The quantity captured may be less than a dozen. Yet they have much less attention than the cent varieties.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

I think a complete LMC set should include some varieties but only the ones that have a high enough availability to be
    reasonably feasible to be obtained. What sense does it make to include a LMC with only one known to exist or even ten
    known. It puts an impossible task onto the collector. Key dates are hard enough to find. But to have that one of a kind
    authentic cent puts you in a one of a kind class too.
    Whatever a person wants to shape his/her collections are his or/her prerogative.
    Question: Can sets with mixed grades like VF to MS66 be registered? And I just don't mean Type Sets.

4. proofartoncircs

We have had quite a complete discussion of the 1999 WAM characteristics here.

Has anybody noticed that a roll of WAM is longer than a roll of CAM cents?

This makes sense as the mint goes to lower relief to better suceed at one hub squeeze to make dies and to increase die life.

Starting in June 2000, I went through many. many rolls of 2000 dated cents looking for WAM. I found nothing save for one bunch of spurious WAM with close AM type FG. Later a waitress saved me several 600 coin lots of 2,000 cents. I generally found 2 each in those batches.

5. proofartoncircs

You are absolutely right Kasia. All 1993 cents are close AM. It is a double failing on my part. I misspoke and I missed your reply at the time. Sorry about that.

6. Eskychess

Eskychess Senior Member

Beautiful FIND! :)

7. proofartoncircs

Here is some interesting info from John Wexler as of 2/26/2010

He noted 28 different wide AM working dies for 2000, 4 for 1999, and 23 for the year 2000.

"The four 1999 working dies are interesting as two of them were first used in 1998 and carried over into early 1999 and one of them ws used at the end of 1999 and was carried over into the year 2000."

8. Steven8061

Steven8061 New Member

9. Jdiablo30

Jdiablo30 Well-Known Member

10. Steven8061

Steven8061 New Member

what do you think about the column on the right?

11. Jdiablo30

Jdiablo30 Well-Known Member

Looks like PMD(post mint damage) ,something just took a gash out of the column from that picture.

12. Steven8061

Steven8061 New Member

where it is in the line of the column so perfect, I thought maybe it was a new mint error

13. Cochisz

Cochisz Chief coin collector

1992 close AM is the good one

Draft saved Draft deleted