Forum members who can submit to PCGS and/or NGC?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Dougmeister, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

What CoinTalk members can submit to PCGS and/or NGC?

I've read that some will allow other members to send coins to them in order to be submitted.

Can you post some usernames here, or PM them to me if you'd rather?

I have a single coin I'm considering for submission. Thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

I can, but I don't have any coins I am submitting right now, so you would owe all the shipping, etc.

4. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

I can. If you're submitting a silver dollar, I am putting together a bulk submission to PCGS now, but otherwise I have nothing going in. Single-coin submissions are best to split with someone, or you get killed on shipping.

5. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

When are you planning to submit?

6. Dougmeister

@kazuma78 , I'm not sure I'm going to. If I do buy the raw coin, I'd be submitting it within a week or two.

7. kkathyl0

kkathyl0 Active Member

if you go to the NGC website you can sign up for free. Then you can look at the rates & schedules to decide what you want to do.

8. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Lots can. The best bet is to just say how many coins, what type, and then list any submission preferences if any (eg would prefer it was a secure plus submnission ect) and ask if there's anyone you can piggy back with

9. Dougmeister

Would it be best to have a single thread dedicated to that?

10. DysfunctionalVeteran

DysfunctionalVeteran Oddly enough

Do you have a local coin shop near You? I usually piggyback with his other coins.

11. Dougmeister

I do, but he's not listed on PCGS's site and NGC's website was of no help... I've attached a screenshot of NGC dealers who will "assist with Submissions" within "500 miles of me". I guess I don't live where I thought I lived...

NGC submission coin shops within 500 miles of me.jpg

12. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Don't confuse authorized dealers with simple membership and submission privileges. The TPGs (in this case PCGS and NGC) are not like CAC where one must apply for and be accepted for membership prior to submitting. Just because a shop/dealer isn't listed as authorized, this in no way means they can not or do use such services. Simply pay your fees (and/or, unless this has changed, join the ANA in the case on NGC) and you're in.

13. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

If you're referring to the bulk dollars, within the next few weeks. PM me for details if you want.

14. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

I recommend @C-B-D

Santinidollar and C-B-D like this.
  15. kazuma78

kazuma78 Supporter! Supporter

I have a couple nice ones I've been considering. I'll have to check them out when I go to the safe deposit box this week

16. blu62vette

blu62vette Member

I can submit to both but it can be best to find someone near you and avoid some shipping fees.

17. planman2014

planman2014 Active Member

What makes it funner is not even are you not even close to 500 miles away from Shanghai or Abu Dhabi.......but those two cities are not even close to 500 miles away from each other.

You have to realize NGC has an IT item that is using a 1992 Dell running Netscape on a DSL line that a mouse has chewed through.

NGC is a great company but they are a walking technology disaster.

Their price guide has constant human and tech errors, their forum used to go totally dark like once every month, they had to take it all offline forever to revamp it now the forum is a ghost town, they routinely "accidentally" delete certification numbers, etc.

The fact that their "Find a Dealer" can't function should shock nobody.

18. Cascade

Cascade CAC Variety Nerd

If anyone has any Morgans or Peace dollars they want graded by PCGS on the cheap I highly suggest contacting Messydesk asap!

Draft saved Draft deleted