Forgery or Printing Error?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by jamor1960, Sep 22, 2020.

1. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

I think you're coming at this from the wrong direction. Just think about all the numbers to the left of the last number. For 10 sheets, those numbers print all 10 times, while the last number revolves to print 1, 2, 3... So how fast will the left-side numbers run out of ink? Way before the 1 rolls around again, right?

jamor1960 and George McClellan like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. George McClellan

George McClellan Active Member

"For ten sheets..." helps... I think.
    My original post is off the mark.:rolleyes:
    After consultation with the Math boffins here at the Institute...
    I have been advised that in a large batch of randomly chosen but finite sequence of numbers...
    any given numeral will appear an equal number of times...
    ...? on average?...
    I will think on this, thank you.:D

jamor1960 likes this.
  4. jamor1960

jamor1960 The More I learn, the Less I know....

Hello all!! I finally caught my LCS's Error Expert in the shop on Saturday. He readily admitted that he is not a currency expert, but after some research he said he was 90% sure that it is a printing error. But suggested that the next time I had an opportunity to go to a coin club meeting or coin show do so, and take it with me to see if anyone there can tell me more. I know, I could send it for authentication, but I doubt if it would be worth it to do so. Plus that, I kinda like the information hunt!! :cool:
    I've asked Santa for some better photo equipment for Christmas, so maybe I'll be able to post some better pics the.
    Thanks for all your help!!
    Jim

-jeffB likes this.
  5. lettow

lettow Senior Member

An note like this is absolutely worth getting authenticated by a TPG if you ever intend to part with it.

6. jamor1960

Yeah, I've thought about that. If I ever do decide to sell, I'll get it graded. Or, I might just do it in a whim some day. :rolleyes:

7. Martha Lynn

Martha Lynn Well-Known Member

Something weird about the lack of blue and red security threads. I see what appear to be a few threads but they aren't the right color. Just sayin.

8. jamor1960

The threads are all there. The pictures just dont show them.

Draft saved Draft deleted