Foreign Silver Coins Help

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Histman, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Histman

Histman Too Many Coins, Not Enough Time!

Anybody know a web site that sells foreign silver lots (even junk silver) for around spot or a little more?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

4. Histman

Besides there. Should have stated that. :)

5. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

You might want to try your local coin dealer. When you are expecting bargain prices, sometimes sellers just can't afford expensive advertisement, websites etc.

6. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

7. mrbreeze

mrbreeze Well-Known Member

I would think that your best bet would be here or bulk auctions. Can you get more specific than "foreign silver?" Any grade? Any size? ASW as minted or weighed and calculated? Any amount? How much more than spot?

8. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I've bought a lot on OLA, WebStore and EBid. But you have to sort through the auctions because there are a lot of BIN overpriced auctions on all three.

Histman likes this.
  9. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

How much are you after. I have a few coins that are not really all that collectible but have silver in them. Never quite sure what to do with them really. Other than eBay of course :D.

10. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I cherrypick world coin boxes at coin stores and shows for mine :)

11. Histman

My LCS already sells any inventory to a large refinery, so I couldn't work anything out with him. I already scour Ebay and other sites. I prefer to buy at or below melt (who doesn't), but will also look at Melt + 10%. I'm in no hurry, just thought maybe somebody knew of a site. I don't have a preference, any denomination, country, or purity is fine. I actually like to sort and catalogue more than anything, but having it worth something non-numismatically is good too. :) We have a lot of great members on this site who I have already purchased lots ranging from just a few ASW to 75 ASW. Thanks for all your input.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  12. Histman

Thanks for the information. I'll look at those sites.

13. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Sorry, but if I knew this, I'd be buying it too :)

14. Stephen oultram

Stephen oultram New Member

Hi I have been left a coin collection by my dad who passed away eighteen months ago there are about 440/ 450 coins from all over the world countries such as China Yugoslavia Syria Afghanistan Egypt Spain France Belgium Japan Prussia Germany and many others I am trying to find the best way of selling them as been offered £120 for the lot I said no simply because the melt value is a lot more than that plus there will be some that are worth that alone so any ideas or offers would be greatly appreciated [e-mail address removed - reply here, or use PM/Conversation] thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2017
  15. Histman

We would have to know exactly what you have to give you a good estimate. Pictures would be very helpful.

Draft saved Draft deleted