Foreign coins in yer change.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by volker00, Nov 3, 2009.

1. hrhomer

hrhomer Member

Yeah. I only wish I'd started collecting earlier :(

Joe

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.

3. That reminded me...how could I have forgotten!- that last month for my birthday my mom got me several rolls of coins from the bank as part of my present. In one of the nickel rolls there was a Barbados five cent piece. It was a nice surprise, and it turned out to be one of only three coins from the roll I kept (one of them was an upgrade, and another was for my run over by a truck collection)

4. Phil Ham

Phil Ham Hamster

I got some british coins in England; some dutch coins in holland, and some chinese coins in china. Does that count? If not, I just got two Canadian quarters yesterday at the Elks Club.

5. TheBigH

TheBigH Senior Member

I recall a Canadian quarter being released in 2007 - dated 2010!

6. Not to go totally off topic to the main thread, but they are dual dated, much like our BiCentennial issues, to celebrate the 2010 Winter Olympics. One side has the date of issue, and the other has one of the various sports and the 2010 winter olympics logo. Unlike the US circulating commerative quarters (state quarters) Canada makes their circulating commeratives and the regular issue quarter as well. My friend in Canada who gives me Canadian coins when I see him gave me the 2007 Shooting and 2008 Skiing quarters, as well as the regular 2008 quarter. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted