For your consideration

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Scubalou, Jun 19, 2022.

1. Scubalou

Scubalou Active Member

Got this '22 nickle in change today. Looks like a lot of errors to me, but would appreciate your input. From left to right: looks like a die chip on left of building - in early stage, next looks like extra steps, next mitered window instead of straight across, could likely be a hit, numbers four and six columns appear not attached to building,(tho #6 has faint line on the left of it), number five the triangle above the door is misshaped, number 7 die break at top of window and finally number 8 - a die break between the windows. Reverse.jpg Thanks: Lou

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I see a lot of green arrows :meh:

enamel7, ZoidMeister and Dynoking like this.
  4. Scubalou

Scubalou Active Member

:happy: So you don't even like my extra stairs??? I thought those were the coolest, or are you saying just too much? I should show one thing at a time?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

These are Not "true errors". Just normal abnormalities (PMD,die chips, etc.) . ;)

Cheech9712, TheFinn and Scubalou like this.
  6. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Also 5 cents:):)it's a spender op.

Scubalou likes this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Two words; FULL IMAGE

8. Scubalou

Scubalou Active Member

I'm sorry, I don't understand. These are full images. Do you mean close ups?

9. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

After you select your file and upload two options appear.Thumbnail&Full Image,always click(Full Image). Screenshot_20220620-023934_Chrome.jpg

Scubalou and SensibleSal66 like this.
  10. Steve Shupe

Steve Shupe Active Member

What I see are normal bag marks and a circulation strike. Try hunting for perfect coins and you will find almost none, especially from pocket change. These kinds of things are completely common.

11. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity Supporter

I agree with bag marks and die chips. Then do a comparison with other ‘22 Philly’s on the die structure.

What @Mountain Man is saying is crop out the extra background, make the image the full obverse and reverse and @potty dollar 1878 (and most other members) recommend clicking “full image” because it offers the best resolution for members to assess. Your photography is otherwise excellent…Spark

Scubalou and -jeffB like this.
  12. Mike Thorne

Mike Thorne Well-Known Member

It's nickel, not nickle.

Scubalou and Magnus87 like this.
  13. Mike Thornton

Mike Thornton Learning something new everyday. Supporter

I'm just seeing a bunch of contact marks.

Scubalou likes this.
  14. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Just a new coin no errors, sorry. Good luck.

Scubalou likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted