For what it's worth!

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by OnEWB, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

This is not a site for beginners. Since I've been using this site since January I've asked a few questions. Almost every time I've got a facetious or condescending answer that either didn't answer my simple questions or went off topic about the way I asked the question. So if you're a beginner good luck. I asked a moderator to contact me so I could possibly resolve my issue or come to any sort or terms. This is the private message I received. This is my last post. Beginners, Facebook has plenty of sites.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

FWIW, I went back through your most recent threads, and I found nothing that should cause you to whimper like a spoiled child. A private message is supposed to be just that, but since you find it perfectly okay to make such messages public, then I don't think we will miss you AT ALL!

Chris

Cascade and Markus1959 like this.
  4. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

I never thought you would miss me. [edited - language]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  5. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

I asked if these were original. Where does this guy get the word copy from original. If y'all don't see this going on then it's just a bunch buddies poking fun at beginner questions.

Attached Files:

6. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

Oh and I made the private message public because of the way he messaged me. Ok, now what? This is the first time I've tried to contact a mod. Y'all are not beginner friendly is all I'm saying. I'd rather someone see that and not bother then be belittled

Attached Files:

7. cpm9ball

Poor baby! Do you need mommy to warm another bottle for you?

Chris

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  8. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

Hopefully, you'll hang around long enough to read the responses you'll get on this thread and I'll GUARANTEE you will not like many of them.

IMO, CT is for BOTH beginners and experienced collectors. You asked a perfectly clear and reasonable question. Unfortunately, to get a reasonable response you'll often need to wade through the BS, bickering, and even offensive replies.

I took the reply to your post in the original thread that caused you to go running to a moderator like a little girl, as just another example of an "ignorant-uninformed-pseudo-expert-coin-jerk" who likes to see his "flowery" posts clarify something that needed no clarification. His post was humorous. Perhaps you should have replied to it as I did with these :bucktooth::hilarious::hilarious::facepalm::wacky::rolleyes:.
    I'll bet you would have felt as good as I did.

Now, let's put ourselves into the shoes of the more helpful members. Can you imagine how boring it is to answer practically the same things over, and over, and over, and... for as long a a decade trying to help folks who don't have a clue how to tie there shoelaces or even where to look for their shoes in the first place? :facepalm:

NOTE: In this case you are not included as your question about Hobo nickels has inspired this old collector to do some further research beyond the answer I gave you.

Next. You may wish to not be so "full of yourself." I'll bet besides the owner of CT and the Mods, there are very few members who care if you go or stay - I don't. If you leave you'll be missing out on something special here. I have found there are ONLY TWO :jawdrop: top-quality forums, that are very active, and especially good for ALL SKILL LEVELS. CT is one of them.

Finally, I'm also amazed at a simple question like: Is this a clash mark will run three pages and skip around to posts about what members are drinking, raising cows, old cars, and gardening. It's all a free ride. You just got to go with the flow, fight dumb replies with humor, be nice, fly under the radar, and don't bother the Mods. Our free speech is already infringed a little as
    I CANNOT TELL YOU WHAT I REALLY THINK! See, truth disguised as humor. :oops: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Kentucky, smarch and Seattlite86 like this.
  9. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

No thanks. She passed away last month. But she sends her best wishes

Attached Files:

Insider likes this.
  10. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

See that's where we differ. I'm looking for an answer to a question not the size bucket you use to molest cows. Now that's funny

11. cpm9ball

My condolences to you. Your mother must have been too young to depart so soon.

Chris

Insider likes this.
  12. Insider

See, you feel better already right? Sorry about your mother. Mine is in an urn also, but we did bury her in the family plot.

13. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

Thank you

14. cpm9ball

Just out of curiosity, I searched "Hobo Nickels" and the link below was the second from the top. While we do have (maybe) one carver as a member of this site, this link would probably have been far more helpful.

http://www.hobonickels.org/

Chris

15. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

Thank you. I'm not trying to come off as a cry baby. I've had several sarcastic answers some of which made me feel very uneducated not in numismatics but in life. So I felt either I was being played with or just being belittled. But after this and my past experiences I reliazed that you have to work through the bs just like you said. I was taking it as personal attacks on not being knowledgeable. But I've got a feel for what to expect now.

16. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

Thanks Chris. I did research last night before my post and they explain how to tell the difference. But my inexperience just couldn't make a satisfied conclusion so I was hoping a hobo collector here would respond.

17. Insider

I consider myself to have an average amount of numismatic knowledge among my peers. I am always learning what & how much I don't know; nevertheless, I've been trashed and have discussions here with members who IMO are not "fit" to ask me to autograph their Red Book! :eek:o_O :smuggrin: Actually, I should sign it if they asked. See, that's the attitude you need to have when you play with the "Big Boys" here. They play rough and wild.

So are you staying although no one cares? :p;):hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:.

18. cpm9ball

@OnEWB

This site also has a very poor selection of Emoticons, especially for Insider who always seems to need all the help he can get.o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Chris

19. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

:pompous::pompous::pompous::pompous:
    Y'all caring was never an issue. What is the middle finger emoticon???? %^*#+#

Insider likes this.
  20. OnEWB

OnEWB Active Member

Apparently my iPhone won't allow me to properly place emoticons

21. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Honestly, what did you expect him to say? You wanted to speak to a mod and your wish was granted; seems pretty straightforward and perfectly acceptable to me. But no... here you are, going out of your way to complain, oblivious to the irony of your own actions. Being a newbie in no way entitles one to have their hand infinitely held or to be coddled to extensively that your wish is everyone's command. Perhaps, had you simply explained WHY you wanted to speak to a mod, the gentleman's response would've been different, but no.... it's all his fault, or everyone else's fault but your own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.