For ALL OF YOU ALL THAT DONT BELIEVE IN ME!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by coin_man_95, Jan 24, 2010.

1. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

Let's Support This Young Collector

A Good Heartfelt Post!!

Coin Man, you've earned our acceptance by your acknowledgment of what politicians call creative license with the truth. I believe that we all have occasionally embellished, or colored the truth, and hopefully learned before we become too prominent (e.g. Tiger Woods, John Edwards, ....), that honesty is generally a better policy. If we can be of assistance in your enlightenment, I believe most here will help. If you have any interest, I can contribute to your "library", and will mail to you some old editions of coin prices. This is a very good publication for someone starting to collect coins, showing the various U.S. coins, mintages, and relative monetary values in different grades. You are younger than the age that I bought a subscription for my grandson, which helped him immensely. I would gladly send various editions which include coins from other countries. Just send me a PM if you have any interest. Welcome Aboard!!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rockdude

rockdude Coin Collector

Coin man I noticed you don't have a avatar yet. Here's one you can use if you like.

Sticking_out_tongue.gif

4. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Well, this is the first I've heard of this. Sounds like an honest mistake about thinking your coin was a CC. I'm just curious though, why did you think it WAS a CC?

And, by the way, welcome to the forum!

5. coin_man_95

coin_man_95 Senior Member

idk i just assumed all 1889s were CC because of all thee CC results i got on google

6. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Ahh. I see. That makes sense. I'm not suprised that all of the results were about the '89-CC since its kind of a famous date.

7. coin_man_95

coin_man_95 Senior Member

haha yea i realize that now! after i looked like a complete moron.

8. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

Trust me, you don't look like a complete moron. This site has had their share of those. They are the ones that, when their mistake is pointed out to them, either throw a temper tantrum or just dissapear. You on the other hand have stuck with it and admitted your mistakes, thats calle learning and that is what we are all about.

Welcome aboard.

Richard

9. dctjr80

dctjr80 Senior Member

Welcome to CT and Everyone here has at one time thought they had something really rare and than realized it was common at some point in their personal coin collecting journey... usually right at the beginning of their collecting days.

10. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Don't worry, if they are honest every one of us here would have to admit that at some point we have done or said something to make themselves look like a complete moron. I know I have on well more than one occasion.

11. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Welcome.

A bit of advice:

The title of this thread is quite strange for those of us who did not read the other thread (like me). When I first read, I had no idea what you were talking about.

This site is wonderful and its people most helpful. Ask questions, but don't take ANYTHING personally. It is not meant that way and if you take it that way, it is your own problem not theirs. There are no dumb questions. We all started somewhere and had our questions answered by others. However, if you ask politely your responses will probably be better.

Read, read, read. There are great books and websites out there for basic understanding.

And yes, ANY Morgan dollar is 90% silver and well worth keeping.

12. rockdude

rockdude Coin Collector

You've got a long way to go. This is the place to go there.

13. HumptyDumpty

HumptyDumpty Junior Member

Haha, isn't that the truth. My first post was about a 1944 steel Lincoln. After what I know now (and I'm still limited), I can easily see that its coated. I think I was the biggest DA of 2009 on this site. Oh well, live and LEARN.

Anyway OP, welcome to CT, I look forward to seeing you around.

14. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

Look at it this way, if it were a CC and you picked up cheap it probably would have been a fake anyway.

Study up, Morgans be very fun to collect. :thumb:

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted