Flying Eagle / Indian Cents in old Album Pages

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by canudigit, Mar 6, 2020.

1. David Betts

David Betts Elle Mae Clampett cruising with Dad

Canudigit I rotated and blew up 4 best photo's and tomorrow I'll light up and glass to see any obvious anomalies. Can't take it you may blow up server tonight! Got one a cat couldn't scratch or dog bite off!! Can't wait for individuals

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. David Betts

4. David Betts

Me as well Bill I'll drive south from Augusta to me up with you and canudigit!!!

Mainebill likes this.
  5. Puravida

Puravida New Member

Congratulations! Nice Collection!

6. ToughCOINS

ToughCOINS Dealer Member Moderator

Very nice looking collection. Please be very careful removing the windows. It's pretty easy to put slide marks on coins in these albums when sliding the windows out, unless you are well-practiced at it.

7. Puravida

Puravida New Member

Makes sense, I second to that. Some collectors are interested to purchase coins they are missing in their collection, and they pay more for them because it is less costly than buying a set. I have been there.

8. David Betts

Just broke out Fly collection and Indians quick assessment without seeing just looking at my open slots! These pics opened will keep us busy!1858-LL,1856's 1860 Pointed, 64 w/wo/ L,64 copper/bronze,71/72 bold/shallow? 1908/09 s Pheew!
    Thanks for sharing call insurance company.

9. canudigit

canudigit Active Member

Thanks everyone for your enthusiastic responses. I am getting messages with offers but this collection is NOT yet for sale. I am seeking guidance only at this time. I promise I will post much better photos ASAP - but I am away from my home and good camera - so please wait for nice shots! Here I will post a couple more lousy phone shots of some of the examples I have been getting messages about. Really don't do justice because of the album situation but gives some idea.

Attached Files:

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

@canudigit Please be sure you read this. It's really important.

David Betts likes this.
  11. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

That 1909-S is SPECTAACULAR. May have a shot at MS64

12. David Betts

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  13. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Amazing story and coins ...

14. canudigit

canudigit Active Member

Thank you for alerting me to the delicacy needed to remove these coins from the album. It may not have been opened for over 100 years?? Although the provenance is a work in progress, I do know the original collector was near 100 years old when he passed. It then went to his nephew who just passed away at 103!! Good family genes LOL! Also the album has some sort of heavy slightly corroded old staples on the open ends I must remove as well. There is no rush to sell. My head is spinning! Next I will look at the link to Wayte Raymond auction you provided - thanks so much Dave. I need a crash high end education to get a better handle here. BTW the 1858-SL is a proof in case you cant see the notation, and it is looking very very glamorous! This is very exciting for me, and a darn special privilege to boot.

15. Moekeever

Moekeever Well-Known Member

This set is spectacular. Thanks for sharing.

16. Eric Babula

Eric Babula Active Member

I think it's very exciting to all of us!!!

Hookman likes this.
  17. canudigit

canudigit Active Member

OK I just read the Wayte Raymond album link - it's got me pretty nervous about the way you have to slide the coins out. I can see on the end how tight the inner sliding tray/holder is too. If the album itself is not worth anything would I be better off peeling the top off to extract the coins rather than sliding? These darn pages are thick but cardboard is layered so maybe peeling?? Or how about cutting around the clear windows with a surgical razor?

18. David Betts

19. David Betts

Myself I would wait notify POA of estate we need to slow down breath and realize that there some cost going to be occurred and maybe wait to get the silver/gold coins together in "secure place" as I'm quite sure" we'll read about this collection in coin mag in the future because the story is much more valuable the product. Thanks again can't wait.
    " Even if God allows you to bring solid gold bars to heaven" what do you have? A story and oh Yes "paving stones".

SmokinJoe and tommypski like this.
  20. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

WOW.. I have no words

David Betts likes this.
  21. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

You can remove the coins without harming the pages. I'll try to explain the process in the morning if someone has not gave you the proper way.

David Betts likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted