Flips

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by thecoin, Sep 21, 2012.

1. thecoin

thecoin New Member

My local coin shop sells 2x2 and 1.5x1.5 for 3 cents each and plastic flips for 7 cents apiece, is that a bargain, because everywhere else they are more

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Prime Mover

Prime Mover Active Member

The cardboard ones are about average, I just was looking at 100 for about $3 online. Don't know about the plastic flips.

4. thecoin

thecoin New Member

But shippings alot

5. rodeoclown

rodeoclown Dodging Bulls

Make sure the plastic ones don't contain PVC. At 7 cents each, I'd imagine they do and I wouldn't recommend using them for your coins as PVC is dangerous. If you are unsure and since it's a local shop, just smell the plastic flips, if they smell like a shower curtain, don't use them.

6. Prime Mover

Doug posted a link to a vendor the other day (thread about cardboard 2x2's, which I highly recommend you read) - http://www.jpscorner.com/2x2_Holders.htm#guardhouse

Their cardboard holders are $1.75 in lots of 100, and there appears to be free shipping. I filled my cart with one 100-pack of each type, and the total for 700 2x2's was $12.25 with free shipping.

7. thecoin

thecoin New Member

They ARE PVC free, and thanks for the link

8. thecoin

thecoin New Member

Are the flips in that link PVC?

9. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I just looked at that site. The cheapest shipping option I see is $6.15, so that eliminates any savings I'd have by buying online. If I'm missing a free shipping option, let me know.

10. thecoin

thecoin New Member

Same here

11. Prime Mover

Ahh, OK, I see what happened, my bad. I didn't follow through and calculate the shipping, it just showed $0 and I assumed it was free. In that case yeah, the shipping does indeed make it cost more.

12. I like Saflips brand flips. They are definitely PVC free for long-term storage and last. TC

13. thecoin

thecoin New Member

Me too, I get them for 7 cents each at a coin shop, what does yours charge

14. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

My shop only charges $3.50 /100. That beats most places I have seen online when shipping is included (or unless you buy 10,000+).

15. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

I get little cardboard 2X2's for 4.99/100. Around here that's as cheap as I've seen them.

16. thecoin

thecoin New Member

For saflips? My god that's low!

17. thecoin

thecoin New Member

3.5 cents a saflip? Wow

Draft saved Draft deleted