Flips With PVC part 2

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by 1stSgt22, Feb 15, 2021.

1. 1stSgt22

1stSgt22 I'm just me!

I started a thread Friday about flips with PVC. This is a new thread with the same subject, but new questions. I ordered new flips and received them this weekend and opened them up today. They have a very chemical smell. Contacted the company where I ordered them, (I've ordered from them in the past with no problem) and they told me it is a smell from the cardboard but the flips are Mylar and contain no PVC! She said they will air out. She also said they get their flips from Canada! I opened one pack of cent flips today and spread them out in the garage. Will see what happens! Anyone else ever had this problem? Where do you buy your flips? Thanks!!!

LaCointessa and Kentucky like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

I usually buy saflips from wizard coin supply.

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

The nose is a pretty sensitive detector. Try this...shave a sliver off of one of your flips (waste not, want not)...heat a copper wire (20 gauge or so) with a flame (butane lighter works fine) and touch it to the flip sliver while it is hot. Return the wire/plastic to the flame and look for a green coloration. Indicates chlorine...i e PVC

LaCointessa likes this.
  5. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

I buy guardhouse flips from amazon. Bought a bunch for $9/pack of 100. Wizard coin supply is a good legitimate business as well.

6. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

Kentucky likes this.
  7. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Draft saved Draft deleted