Flavius Victor - another score

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by GregH, Jan 14, 2019.

1. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

flvictor.jpg He's an ephemeral emperor, i know, but i finally found a coin of Flavius Victor that i am happy with. Not much is known about him, except he met the same tragic fate of his better known father Magnus Maximus. This siliqua is reasonable and i managed a good price - an upgrade from a miserable AE4. Feel free to share your own Flavius Victors!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

AE4 Arles - I love the wavy lines in the campgate.
    ry7875bb3084.jpg

4. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Very nice, and clear obverse legend too.
    Very nice. And clear obverse legend too.

5. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

Another very nice coin @GregH ! Great to see you back from Syriarch and back in the coin game again!

upload_2019-1-14_4-48-51.jpeg

RI Flavius Victor 384-388 CE AE4 14mm 1-8g Aquileia Camp Gate Star SMAQS RIC IX 55b-2 LRBC1104

6. GregH

GregH Well-Known Member

Nice one! I also added Ethiopia and Somalia to my country collection (now at 89 countries)... As for the number of my current Roman rulers collection, I’ll have to get back to you!

Alegandron likes this.
  7. Bill Beck

Bill Beck New Member

Hi new guy here maybe you can help, I have a 1964 d penny with a missing 9, is it worth anything?

8. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Your coin is ~1500 years too new for us to help :D (this is the Ancients Board). Start a new thread on the Error Coins board. Click the link and then click "Post New Thread". Sound like your coins was struck with a grease-filled die or perhaps post-mint damage.

9. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

Dad Magnus Maximus...AE2, emperor raising turreted woman

magmax1.jpg

magmax2.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted