Five cent found as is.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Chr83631, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Chr83631

Chr83631 New Member

Hello everyone, I have came across a five cent coin that seems to have a divit punched in it. My daughter and I were digging in back yard looking for old bottles and about 1 1/2 down she pulled up this coin. It's rough but it is still readable. The divit is smooth no jagged edges almost perfectly round. The back side has a slight bump from indentation. I tried to set a steel bb inside it and bb is to big, that was the first thing I thought, but the indentation has a small bur around edge so what ever hit it either came out with force or it was agienst something solid when struck to push bur out. Hoping for some insight and thoughts. Thanks fir your time. 20240413_214815.jpg IMG_20240413_214916_HDR.jpg 20240413_233013.jpg 20240413_232305.jpg 20240413_233108.jpg

alurid likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Spark1951

Spark1951 Accomplishment, not Activity

What are you doing exhuming a dead nickel? That nickel was resting in peace.

Just joking. Honestly, it could be several things, but to me, inside the hole looks like a small drill attempt of some kind…imo…Spark

JoshuaP likes this.
  4. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Put it back and go wash your hands Mister! Next time wear some gloves or you may get cut on something. (signed)- Your Mother..... lol.gif

Dan Galbato likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

DEFDAM - Definitely Damaged. Someone altered the Obverse after it left the US Mint. Not a Mint Error of any kind.

Nice silver ring you are wearing!

Kentucky likes this.
  6. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

7. charley

charley Well-Known Member

Permatex Grease Grabber.....
    Motor Trend endorsed.
    Get some today!!!

8. ela

ela New Member

looks man made hole