First use of ChatGPT was a flop

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by calcol, Oct 2, 2026 at 11:19 AM.

  1. calcol

    calcol Supporter! Supporter

    Uploaded a high-res image of a PCGS slab containing a half eagle. Asked Mr. Chat to get the sales history of the coin. It correctly read the label (date, cert no., etc.). Then provided an extensive sales history going back to 1972. Also, claimed the coin had an additional cert. no., which it gave. Unfortunately, it wasn’t my coin! It was struck from the same dies but wasn’t my coin. I retrieved images of the coin under the other cert. no., and it was immediately obvious to my eyes that it was a different coin from mine. Mr. Chat also missed my auction purchase of the coin, which is publicly available on Stack’s Bowers website. Because it correctly read the cert. no. of my coin, Mr. Chat could have accessed additional high res images from PCGS to use in its search.

    I also tried putting in just the cert. no. of my coin rather than the slab image and got the same result.

    I may give it an additional try but not soon.

    Mike
     
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest



    to hide this ad.
  3. green18

    green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

    Sometimes, it's just incredible how stupid AI is....like when I call my local CVS....
     
    calcol likes this.

Share This Page