first time with ANACS

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Darchangel, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

I went to the monthly coin show today and decided to send my 2 best babies off to get their official documents and 'thumbprints' if you will.... :p

I'm so nervous and excited about the whole experience. I probably have about 5 questions in my head currently and expect plenty more will arise when I receive my package in the mail. Perhaps someone would like to chat privately so I don't clutter up the forums with what might be repetition for the seasoned vets.

I knew I'm still a young babe in the wild woods of the coin hunting/collecting realm - am happy with all I've learned so far and the real life and internet friends that I've made to date. Here's hoping for more awesome finds in coin rolls and yard sales! Maybe some day soon, I'll have the balls to start making some actual purchases!

Can't wait for my lovely lasses to come back home. I'll make sure to post up pics in their 'newborn blankets'! ;)

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

4. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I remember how I felt when I sent my first coins off to be graded. The anxiety is incredible. You are constantly wondering if you made a wise decision or did you just throw away a bunch of money. I don't send too many coins off, but when I do, the feeling is always the same. The real thrill is when the come back graded better than you thought, of course, it goes both ways and I have had coin grade less than I thought.

What are you thinking that both these will grade?

5. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

There's been a bit of debate on the dime here on the forums and between a few different dealers I brought it to. Consensus seems to be around VF-35ish. As for the quarter eagle, I studied the photograde thingy for a bit last night, and I'm just not sure at all. I guess I'm just in awe of all her beauty as a whole because she's gold...heheh. Can't wait to see what the word will be!

6. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

Good luck. Definitely keep us posted. The waiting is the hardest.

7. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

Just an update, I spoke with an ANACS phone rep today. I can now see my info online. The coins were received on 8/29 and are in process for grading. Expected ship date is 9/19. I hope these next few weeks go fast!

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

On the contrary! You should post your questions and/or discussions on one of our open forums rather than in private. Whether they have been repeated a thousand times or not makes no difference. There are always newcomers joining us, and they may be wondering about the same topics.

Good luck with the grades.

Chris

9. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Trust me..............they won't!

10. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

I logged into my account this evening and I have an update! My coins are coming home by Fedex tomorrow! I also know the grades! I think I'll wait to show the pics in their slabs. ;)

11. easj3699

easj3699 Well-Known Member

so how did they come out?

12. Darchangel

Darchangel Active Member

The lovely ladies have made their triumphant return! So happy to have them back!

anacs.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted