First strike through found in change

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by GH#75, Jul 9, 2020.

1. GH#75

GH#75 Trying to get 8 hours of sleep in 4. . .

Was looking through some change for dimes I needed for my folder. Checking the reverse torch to see if it had more detail than the one currently in the folder, and saw this:

Sorry for blurry photos. Can't get them any better at the moment.

IMG_20200709_104948741~2.jpg IMG_20200709_105228543~2.jpg IMG_20200709_105811556.jpg IMG_20200709_105507390.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

There is no way that anyone can tell if that is a strikethrough or not. Don't apologize for blurry photos. Use a copy stand or a tripod to stabilize your camera. If you're using a phone camera, call a friend!;) ~ Chris

4. GH#75

I can assure you, it's a strikethrough, but it will be a little while before I can upload better pictures.

5. cpm9ball

Let's put it this way........If you were trying to sell this coin for a premium on eBay, would you use that photo? ~ Chris

6. GH#75

No. But I'm just showing you what I found. And to be honest, it was probably a bit foolish to post without clear pictures, but excitement won me over and I posted anyways. But like I said, better and clearer photos will be posted sooner or later - hopefully sooner.

7. GH#75

Here we go. These good enough for you? :)
    download_20200709_114356.jpeg download_20200709_114355.jpeg

8. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

common clashed die marks on the rev.

9. GH#75

Do you know how much it's worth? It would just be nice to know.

10. cpm9ball

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. You have to consider its condition, and it is just a circulated coin. Personally, I wouldn't pay a premium for it.
    ~ Chris

GH#75 likes this.
  11. Fred Weinberg

Fred Weinberg Well-Known Member

If you can find 'em in circulation, so can others.

There is no market for the type of clash you have
    on the dime - not enough clash marks, and not strong.

It would not sell for $1 on Ebay, imo.

GH#75 likes this.
  12. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

As Fred said, a clash mark, not a strike through, and your photos still aren't good enough for most of us to tell. When I first was trying to photograph coins I was too close to the coin and the auto-focus couldn't give me a clear image. I don't know what camera or device you are using for your photos, but if you can get a well focused photo, you will get better responses. If you use the search feature on this forum, you will get lots of helpful hints on photography.
    As for your coin, I love clash marks so would put that in a 2x2 and keep it. As for value, its worth what somebody is willing to pay for it. Most clashes aren't even listed in guides due to being common, but there are collectors that will buy them. Use these sites for coin error price guide. Good luck.

GH#75 likes this.
  13. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

If you do not do a lot of roll searching like myself and others here, then this can excite a person. Trying to sell one is a futile attempt really. But I have a binder full of cent clashes and several pages of dime clashes. If you can assemble a page of 20 examples then you could conceivably make a little money. I usually sell a page full of these (20) for around $15.00 plus shipping on ebay. They sell this way because someone may want to get a jump start on these and have bragging rights, especially someone new to this type of collecting. I never hype my ads so as not to deceive anyone into thinking they are worth anything other than a side line to regular collecting of normal coins. Mine are usually decent clashes and never damaged.

GH#75 likes this.
  14. GH#75

Wasn't going to sell, I just though it was cool, and wanted to know how are it is. Price doesn't matter much to me moneywise. Just wanted to know for further reference.

15. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Looks like a minor die clash. If so, it's only worth a very small amount.

GH#75 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted