First Spouse coins available to order

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by CentDime, Jun 19, 2007.

1. CentDime

CentDime Coin Hoarder

The first Spouse coins are available to order today if anyone is interested. Both Martha Washington and Abigail Adams in proof and uncirculated can be purchased at the mint website usmint.gov

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

Hi! It looks like we started threads at the same exact moment. Did you buy the spouse coins today? I had to wipe off the blood and sew my arm back on before I could post a message. For a while, you couldn't even get to the US Mint home page.

4. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

i agree. i am already seeing red. i think i may have to rent a guitar and sing to make up fr what they charged me. BTW what does the term order status suspended mean? Thanks.

5. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

I'm not sure. Where did you see that?
    My order says "backordered expected to ship 7/4/07"

6. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

right where it says back ordered for you

7. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

Did you get a confirmation email?

Here's what the FAQ page says. (I still don't really know what it means, but this suggests that it's normal).

Question What does "Your Order is Suspended" mean?
    [​IMG] Answer Orders can be in a temporary status of; suspended (S), error (E) or held (H) during the normal order processing period. If your order is still in one of these statuses after 7 business days, please contact customer service at 1-800-USA-MINT (6468). If you are calling from outside the United States, please contact customer service at 001-202-898-MINT (6468).

8. CentDime

CentDime Coin Hoarder

Hi,I am guessing the mint has taken over 14,000 orders so far today so these may not be available for very long. I ordered a couple of them but probably should buy more. I am waiting for the Liberty ones to load up on though.

9. Danr

Danr Numismatist

mine are backordered, any not backordered?

10. CentDime

CentDime Coin Hoarder

I checked and all four options show backordered right now.

11. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

spouse gold

i will pass this one.

12. Indianhead65

Indianhead65 Well-Known Member

Me too, I'm not at all interested in the gold spouse coins.

13. TCBBK

TCBBK Cubs Fan

As of 2:05 Central time:

2007 First Spouse Series One-Half Ounce Gold Proof Coin Martha Washington (X01)

The United States Mint is continuing to take orders for the 2007 First Spouse Series One-Half Ounce Gold Proof Coin - Martha Washington. Although orders have already been taken that meet the maximum limit for this product, we will continue to accept orders in the event cancellations occur. Should products become available, these orders will be considered “next in line,” and will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. The United States Mint cannot provide information on specific customer order status either online or by telephone. If paying by credit card, please be sure your credit card information remains current. If we are not able to fulfill your order, you will be notified that your order was cancelled. If you paid by check, you will receive a refund. As with all of our products, the United States Mint reserves the right to accept or reject orders in any combination or options it determines to be in its best interest.

14. KomkaCoins

KomkaCoins Member

Less than 2 hrs SOLD OUT WOW!!! THEY MIGHT BE HOT

15. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

I went an placed a second order just in case they dont ship my first one and I might not get it what a shame

16. Danr

Danr Numismatist

I hope that they do not pull any more stunts on these coins.

17. Danr

Danr Numismatist

18. CentDime

CentDime Coin Hoarder

Looks like all four options are already sold out, that was fast.

19. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

20. CentDime

CentDime Coin Hoarder

For that price I would unload mine right now, LOL. I wonder what the mint is thinking now that they sold out so fast, looks like they underestimated demand and have to honor all of them especially after canceling the subscriptions earlier.

21. dreamer94

dreamer94 Coin Collector

They seem to be reserving the right to do so:

"As with all of our products, the United States Mint reserves the right to accept or reject orders in any combination or options it determines to be in its best interest."

Draft saved Draft deleted