First Monday flea market in Canton, TX

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dimedude2, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

My family and I look to drive to the First Monday flea market in Canton, TX this summer, which is apparently the biggest flea market in the US. Are any of you familiar with this, and do you know of any coin dealers there?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

I am familiar with it. I went once...in 1980 I think. ;) It was huge!!! Haven't been back since.

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I have never been there but friends tell me, you can't walk it all in a day. It's giant. They rent scooters. I plan to go sometime.

5. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Sounds like a planned road trip for the future.........

6. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

1. I hear people spend weekends there.

7. kSigSteve

kSigSteve Active Member

Canton is a great time. We went twice last year and once last month.

Lots of antique stuff. Food is good too!

Prolly 6-10 coin dealers but several booths have coins along with other stuff.

Several old sports booths, military surplus, guns and knives, old golf clubs, cooking wares, comics, records, old life magazines. You name it. Even some of those collective plates. :happy:

You can pretty much find it all.

Wear sunscreen.

8. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

@Dimedude2
    I spoke with a friend. He said one of the large buildings has antiques and coins. It's not like a coin show. The dealers are going to be selling all kinds of stuff. The cool thing is the building has AC.:D

9. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Yes, the 2 or maybe it's 3 coin dealers are in the Civic center and yes, it's got A/C.

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

In the evenings, Canton turns into a big party. Folks bring motorhomes and have a great time.

Draft saved Draft deleted