First For Me

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Agilmore01, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

Anyone want to take a stab at value? Maybe $50?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

I would think at least that. Get it graded (should grade high) then sell it. Bet you get over $100 for it.

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  4. Agilmore01

Well, I don't know anyone who submits for paper grading, only coin grading, so I will just have to keep it in a sleeve and hold on to it.

5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Me too, but I have great pickup lines and don't ask my wife ..

Seattlite86 likes this.
  6. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Yeah, me too. In my glory days I could probably have sold you your own gold fillings but now, if there is not a price on something I'll walk away. And I hate dickering.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  7. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Take a computer walk over to Executive Currency. They have a lot of errors where you might get a baseline idea what some of these go for. They are not cheap.

Seattlite86 likes this.
  8. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

That is one thing I liked about Germany. The price listed was what you pay, tax and all. No haggling, no frustration, no worries. I could never sell anything that I don't absolutely love. And if I absolutely loved it, I'd have a hard time selling. My wife says I'm not allowed to open a coin shop when I retire.

tommyc03 likes this.
  9. Agilmore01

You are right. That is some high dollar, really cool stuff. There was a newer $5 with a piece attached to the top similar to mine but much smaller, and they were asking $195. They graded it a 66. I don't think I saw any as dramatic as mine, and I don't think I saw any 2013 bills. The top flap on mine was folded completely backwards on the bill, and was probably missed by the computer because of that.

tommyc03 and Seattlite86 like this.
  10. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Get on their mailing list, cover to cover color photos on every page. It's a peek back into history if nothing else. Here's the front cover from their latest catalog. Not promoting them, just sayin... img909.jpg

Agilmore01 likes this.
  11. kaosleeroy108

kaosleeroy108 The Mahayana Tea Shop & hobby center

Then indeed you have a cool find

From the hobby center and think tank of MTS.LLC

Agilmore01 likes this.
  12. Agilmore01

Does anyone think this small tear will hurt the grade or value? One of my employees did that when he found it in the strap.
    [​IMG]

13. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Possibly and maybe. It would likely be noted on the slab though. I'm not sure if it's possible, but perhaps you could contact the TPG and send them a photo as an attachment with this question.

14. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

and hey it has a triple 9 too.

15. Agilmore01

Since I don't know anyone who submits currency for grading, would anyone recommend I send it to an auction house like Great Collections and let them evaluate and slab it for me and then sell it? Would it be worth it?

16. Agilmore01

I sent an email to Executive Currency asking if they did grading submissions for customers or if they would give opinions on currency. They replied back and said no, but if I was interested in selling to let them know my price. To me, that means they are interested in it, but I wouldn't have any idea at what price to even start at. That's what I needed their help for. I don't even know where to start to get a value in this since these new bills never show up with errors.

17. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

They showed an interest so that's a plus, especially for a company of their size. You might ask if you can submit the note for their best offer and if you can refuse their offer and would they return the note. Another option would be Denly's of Boston at www.denlys.com in care of Tom Denly or Currency Quest at www.currencyquest.com as they buy, sell and appraise and see what happens. I don't think any of them will send out to have graded for you but you might get the ball rolling between the three of them.

18. Agilmore01

I just sent an email to Currency Quest asking them for advice or submission, and if they wanted to make an off. Will wait and see.

tommyc03 likes this.
  19. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

Look's to be a top or bottom edge of the sheet. It should have been timed off, but was folded under, and retained. Nice find. The new system that they are putting in may catch all of this type of defect. I would keep, and would send it in to certified. Nice find. Since you see so many, look for very low #'s. #'s all the same. Any out of register/alignment. I keep all "star" notes, some collectors do not, unless UNC.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

20. Agilmore01

Currency Quest emailed back and said it would grade AU and would have a qualifier on the slab due to the tear. They said they would submit for me, but recommends I sell raw due to the grading fees associated with submissions. They eere more helpful than Executive Currency. They wouldn't give me an estimate on value after I asked twice though....

tommyc03 likes this.
  21. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Great, sounds like a good starting point. They are a smaller company, therefore possibly the nicer and more helpful advice. I sent a letter to ANACS awhile ago regarding my possible submission of the 12 1998P B.U. WAMS I found in a roll. I asked if I would still be charged for attribution considering I had already attributed them correctly. They emailed me and offered $4.00 off per coin since they were such an easy one to do. It never hurts to ask and I saved $48.00 on my fees. Keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted