First aluminum coin in a roll

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by usmc60, Aug 27, 2016.

1. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Found this today.:happy::blackalien: cub-1.jpg cub-2.jpg

Obverse: PATRIA Y LIBERTAD • 2009 • Reverse: REPUBLICA DE CUBA • CINCO CENTAVOS • Edge: Plain Privy mark: None 2009Cuba 5 centavos 2009 (Aluminium)

Lon Chaney and Pickin and Grinin like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It looks like twenty centavos to me.

Chris

NOS and Smojo like this.
  4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Correct.. VEINTE is 20 .. also 2 Roman numeral XX is 20
    and CINCO is 5

NOS likes this.
  5. paddyman98

This is what you found 20 CENTAVOS not 5
    I want to share this info with you from the Numista website -
    cuba.JPG

6. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Thank you Patty for pointing out my mistak. It happens I'm human. Stop speaking Spanish after my first wife. It was over 30 years ago. Again thanks Patty.:eek::blackalien:PS You know what the worst part about it Patty. A beer cans worth more at the scrapyard than this coin. And since we have flights starting to Cuba, I guess in the near future South Florida is going to start seeing a lot more of this garbage. I will be sure to put a lot of them back into circulation so others can share this coin with me. LOL.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    paddyman98 likes this.
  7. paddyman98

I respect your opinion but I think it's a beautiful coin ;)

usmc60 likes this.
  8. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Patty I'll tell you what, as more of them start showing up I will put a couple aside for you. But you will have to cover the postage. Since the stamp is worth more than the coin. Patty I appreciate your reply, but on this site I feel like Rodney Dangerfield. I get no respect. LOL:blackalien: image4.jpg

paddyman98 likes this.
  9. usmc60

usmc60 SEMPER FI

Patty I guess I was wrong again this morning.it seems to me this 20 centavo is worth more than I thought. Cuba 20 centavos, 2002-2009
    Price, min: $ 0.45 Up to $0.98 :eek::blackalien:PS If it was better looking I would put it up on eBay to see what I could get for it, the only Cuba 20 centavo coins is being sold out of Columbia, and their silver.

Draft saved Draft deleted