finding something besides pennies in a cwr

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by eric6794, Feb 9, 2016.

1. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

I know some hate the term penny but it was the best word I could think of. Anyway I have searched $25 worth of cents tonight that my bank teller saved for me that a customer cashed in and I found 2 rolls that were full of dimes (boom 9 dollar profit). This makes the third time I have found dimes in cent rolls. I wonder if people run out of dime rolls and put them in cent rolls then forget they did it :)

Endeavor likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Weird.. you use the term penny but then you say Cent!.. Make up your mind buddy :wacky:

eric6794 likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I'm pennycent! I'm pennycent! The other guy did it!

Chris

eric6794 and paddyman98 like this.
  5. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I find dimes in CWR all the time. I live in an area with a lot of more mature adults that probably confuse them. I got a BU 1943 steelie in a roll search of dimes last week. I have also gotten them in change as dimes in fast food restaurants before. Guess that was one of the contributing factors to their not being minted after 1943.

coincollector197 and eric6794 like this.
  6. Pawnmonkey

Pawnmonkey -----so easy even a monkey can do it-----

To appease both sides I humbly suggest the term pents, it also pays homage to its origins.

eric6794 likes this.
  7. eric6794

haha I don't want to! I usually say penny but it may have something to do with growing up in eastern KY. Pretty much everyone around here says penny but I have seen the bickering between people about what to call them so I used both terms to please both sides :)

paddyman98 likes this.
  8. dchjr

dchjr Well-Known Member

All I get is nickels in quarter rolls.

9. eric6794

Ouch! That can be costly quick

dchjr likes this.
  10. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

Mexican pesos, British shillings or 5 pence, Canadian 25c coins, Chuck E. Cheese tokens

dchjr likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted