Finding Many Of These!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Amberlarry22, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Amberlarry22

Amberlarry22 Well-Known Member

They all have carbon spotting. Does that lose value of a coin if it was MS condition? Not saying
    this is lol 20221130_170035.jpg 20221130_170116.jpg 20221130_170045.jpg 20221130_170058.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I would say, "Yes," but that's just me. I wouldn't even look at a post '82 cent anyway.

4. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

In MS I would consider it at a value of One Cent. Therefore, the spots do nothing to the value.

5. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

yes, the spotting hurts the value

Amberlarry22 and Oldhoopster like this.
  6. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

I don't know.
    Let's say you have a Concours level car with spotting on it. Do you think it would hurt it's value or beat an exact one without spotting on it ? versus just a beat up car with spots on it.

If the cent was something special and you needed it in a totally pristine condition, then the carbon spotting would hurt it's value. If you are using it as money then it's still worth one cent even if you were to hit it with a hammer.

Abe does look pretty Happy about it though with a little curl in his mouth and slash across his eye.
    upload_2022-12-1_8-42-1.png

7. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Bottom line is that it affects the eye appeal. Some years it is nearly impossible to find coins without spotting. And in those years even 67 and 68 graded coins can be found with spots.

Amberlarry22 and Oldhoopster like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted