Find a coin show in your area

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by National dealer, May 29, 2004.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Well, now there's a post correcting that link. :)

I've used forums with other policies as well -- on one, threads are locked a fixed number of days after the first post; on others, threads aren't locked, but are only ordered by first post date. I think the policy here works better than the others, but I can imagine your policy working as well.

FWIW, it seems harder for people to get in the habit of "searching the forum" when they can't post in relevant but old threads.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

True, but most threads are irrelevant after a year on the "market" if you would. Maybe that doesn't apply to the numismatic community as much, but still, I'd say 18-24 months is plenty of time for a thread to be alive, if you would.

4. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

There are a couple of local shows just outside Philadelphia
    1 in Trevose I think it's the 3rd Sunday of the month @ The Trevose Fire House
    1 in Ft Washington I think it's the 4th Sunday of the month @ the Holiday Inn
    Usually listed in Coin World

5. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

I'm hoping to make it up to the Ft. Washington one later this month... depends on how motivated/lazy I am.

6. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

I despise thread resurrections, however this is one I am glad I got to read.

7. NG4

NG4 New Member

Well..I'm new here and after reading all of the posts I see the last one was from over a year ago. So much for this thread helping me find a show....

It's really no problem..I can Google the info... just saying, it was like a red herring.

8. thanks great coin show yellow page

Draft saved Draft deleted