Find a coin show in your area

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by National dealer, May 29, 2004.

1. National dealer

National dealer New Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Just Carl

Just Carl Numismatist

Not sure about other states but in Illinois all you have to do is go to yahoo or google and type in Illinois coin shows and there is a listing.

4. YNcoinpro_U.S.

YNcoinpro_U.S. New Member

Or in Numismatic News and Coins World-There's always a ton of Illinois shows.

5. coinage86

coinage86 New Member

is there any reasonably heavily populated city where you can NOT find a coin show? here in south florida we have coin shows twice a month. A lot of old dealers though. no much younger ones. the coin business might die out in south florida.

6. Jess

Jess Senior Member

Ocala Coin Show

The Ocala Coin Club Annual Coin Show concluded on 4 Feb 2007, to a record turnout and sales. All dealer tables are sold out for next year. Our dealers were a mixture some old some middle aged and quite a few young ones. The concourse was slammed with buyers and sellers all 3 days. A good time was had by all.

7. Outlaw

Outlaw Senior Member

just used it. found one in owensboro ky march 24. thanks. i will check it out.

8. coinage86

coinage86 New Member

I went to the Fort Lauderdale coin show yesterday, Sunday February 18h. Its the monthly show. The parking lot was jam packed. you could barely find a spot on the lawn, at the facility where they hold the show. Which is good the dealers, and for the hobbyists. I dont know what the dealers as a whole would say, if it was a good show, money wise. At antique shows, often people come to look. At coin shows, people come to buy.

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

amit:
    post this question in either the foreign section or the "what's it worth" section.
    No one will see it here.

Saphire7 likes this.
  10. Ron5812

Ron5812 New Member

NOISE coin show in Itasca IL. Don't know if anyone remember but years back a dealer at a coin show picked up a half dollar with a crack in the liberty bell. Had it graded was worth over 100k. he picked it up for $700. That was the NOISE show. Since then he has retired, go figure! But you can find a gem in ill. at times. And when I say crack I mean a crack other than the crack that is on all of them :)

11. Ron5812

Ron5812 New Member

Every 3rd sunday of the month

12. EyeEatWheaties

EyeEatWheaties Cent Hoarder

uhhhhh... Under Delaware there is a 3 day show coming up on the 21st of this month and there is NO information about it .

Sorry... its gotta be better than Google for me to bookmark that site.

13. EyeEatWheaties

EyeEatWheaties Cent Hoarder

hmmmm my edit button disappeared.

Dover 60th Anniversary Coin Show. there is nothing on that show in Google. no Links on that site.

So sorry just in my first check that site isn't worth a visit back... ever..

3 day show by a 60 year old COin club a week from now and there is nothing.

A 60th anniversary show that I can't find whether it even exists?

14. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The Collectorama Show is in Lakeland, February 18-20, and there is usually 100+ dealers. Be sure to Google "Collectorama" and print the page to take with you for free admission.

Chris

15. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

Its the show promoters that give the information on that site. Usually with in a week from the show they turn into links. Though sometimes a link doesnt materialize

16. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

On coinshows.com, the Raleigh show (that I'm going to this afternoon) is listed, but it still isn't a link, and doesn't show date or location information. I come across that site every time I do a Google search for shows, and every time, it ticks me off.

The other link gave me a "page not found" error.

Ah, here it is, apparently:

http://coinworld.com/Marketplace/showcalendar.aspx

...but it doesn't list the Raleigh show at all.

I'm guessing that this show just isn't especially well-promoted; it's held three or four times a year, and maybe they figure it's not worth spending money on ads...?

17. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

I went to the first link, and they had plenty of shows within an hour of me, but they had NO DATES listed?!?!
    Totally defeats the purpose of the info and makes it useless. (Before you suggest, they weren't 'click links', at least not the ones near me. I saw some that were, but they weren't anywhere near me.)

18. ratio411

ratio411 Active Member

I'm sayin'!!!
    That is the silliest thing ever...
    They could at least post the same info they have, ended with a phone number to call and get the date for cryin' out loud!
    I don't know how they have survived "16 years" with such poor info.

19. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

This is what happens when a nearly seven year old thread is bumped. Check your dates, people.

20. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

What? The pages linked aren't seven-year-old lists; they claim to be up to date. In fact, the two links in the OP (corrected) are among the first that turn up when I do a Google search for show schedules.

I think this topic was perfectly worthy of resurrection. I guess you could make the case for starting a new thread instead, but...?

21. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

There's no need to bump 7 year old threads... especially when one of the links no longer works.

There's a reason threads that haven't been posted in for 1 year are automatically locked and moved to an archive on the forum I moderate.

Draft saved Draft deleted