Finally the end to Candian Milk Spots???

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Rassi, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Rassi

Rassi #GoCubs #FlyTheW #WeAreGood

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Awesome, I hope it works if it does I might start buying maple leafs again.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Seems like something that’s just going to create new and different problems.

5. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Any time I see the supposed answer to any problem being expressed as a trade name in all capital letters, followed by the Trademark symbol, my first thought is, "Oh no, not this again. This does NOT bode well."

6. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Or maybe they are just going to rinse the planchets more thoroughly after washing.

After all they are still saying they don't know what causes it, but they say this will fix it. How do you fix something if you don't know how its broken? And if your slabbed PR-70 RCM product that you paid through the nose for still goes a head and develops milkspots several years down the line, what is the RCM going to do about it?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  8. abuckmaster147

abuckmaster147 Well-Known Member

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

For what it's worth, the US Mint tried coating coins too to prevent unsightly toning - it failed miserably.

Granted milk spots are not toning, which means their cause (whatever it is) has to be either in the coin or on the coin once it's minted. And on the coin seems very unlikely since it can't be dipped off. So I fail to see how coating the coins with something else over top of that (cause) is going to prevent it from happening.

Time will tell I guess, but I'm betting it doesn't work.

10. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Haha, you mean like on all of our driver licenses KURT? Care to explain to the class WHY that is?? How about those red #s on the back of our SS card ? Oh wait, you cant, you've been sworn to secrecy. The Queen would have you be-headed if you did:dead:;)

11. V. Kurt Bellman

Ironically, I don't really know what you ARE talking about. My state is only recently relenting to be "Real ID" compliant, only recently having repealed our state law FORBIDDING being Real ID compliant.

Here's what I know about all caps on licenses - it helps readability in low light and they've been that way in my state since driver's licenses were INVENTED.

I just looked at my SS card. No red numbers.

12. heavycam.monstervam

Well, if 3 Men in Black with sunglasses on.
    Come knocking at my door, w/in 24 hours>
    I wont be home, but i will be watching them with binoculars until the coast is clear.
    Did i mention, i always cut my 1 lb cheese blocks into fours. To check for hidden gps transmitters & microphones(?):troll:

13. V. Kurt Bellman

Don't sweat it. The third guy is a pug dog. I've seen the movie.

14. heavycam.monstervam

Im color blind, maybe they are brown or green

15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Yours are in roman numerals , right Kurt :)

V. Kurt Bellman likes this.
  16. V. Kurt Bellman

Yes, on a mud tablet, with a sharp stick. (I had it modernized twice to get it to this point.)

17. V. Kurt Bellman

Seriously, my first driver's license had NO PICTURE. They came later, SIGNIFICANTLY later. It is my present elected Rep. that I serve that introduced the bill to PUT pictures on the state's driver's licenses. So if it ever goes all "sideways", I know whom to slap upside da head.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted