Finally found a silver one

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Gator, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Gator

Gator Active Member

Picked up a few bankrolls of half dollars this morning, and found this 1968 d. I believe it's a 40% one. What's the value of these ?and are there any errors to look for?. The 71 I just threw in because it's in nice shape

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bman33

Bman33 Well-Known Member

Go to Coinflation.com to find up do date values on your silver halves.

Oldrdawg likes this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The 40% half dollars contain .1479 ounces of silver.

Chris

Oldrdawg likes this.
  5. Oldrdawg

Oldrdawg Active Member

How many rolls did it take to find the 68-D?

6. TexAg

TexAg Well-Known Member

Careful, finding silver is addicting!

7. Gator

Gator Active Member

Will do that thanks so much

8. Gator

Gator Active Member

I bought only 2 rolls but I did find I believe to be an error on just a few half dollars need advice on it to see if im right

Attached Files:

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

It's the 4 the shooting star, that the eagles tongue is wrapped around. Some just go over the line not around it. Also it's not alight it's crooked

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

That isn't the eagle's tongue. It is the ribbon at the end of the banner.

Please, I hope you don't seek advice about errors from USMC60. He has his own set of rules that differ from the rest of the error-collecting community.

Chris

11. Gator

Gator Active Member

No I thought it had a tongue sticking out till I saw the pics from heritage. Yup silver is addicting , and the bank has 20 more rolls picking them up tomorrow. But I looked those half dollars over and took a clear ruler over them, the lines the ribbon goes under and over do not line up.

12. asheland

asheland The Silver Lion

13. Gator

Gator Active Member

14. 352sdeer

352sdeer Collecting Lincoln cents for 50 years!

Nice! Carefull those old halves carry germs you might catch the silver bug if you don’t already have it! My first silver was an old war nickel when I was a kid in the seventies. There was NO information available to kids then so I had to ride my bike 15 miles to the coin store to find out why there was a S stamped on my nickel! I was ten.

15. Gator

Gator Active Member

Lol yup I already have the silver bug my mother just gave me back some Susan b Anthony dollars I gave her when they first came out, can't believe she held on to them for so long. I always liked coins, didn't know till this year how much some are worth

Draft saved Draft deleted