Finally finished my junk bin 1950s 50 yen date set (Showa 30-33)

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by The Eidolon, Jun 10, 2024.

1. The Eidolon

The Eidolon Well-Known Member

The junk bin was almost empty last week, but for some reason had quite a few coins from Japan left. Here were my $1 worth of picks:
    2976.jpg

I have a relative going to Japan soon, so I figure I can use any modern 50 and 100 yen coins to give her for spending change. Most of my junk bin 100 and 50 yen coins seem to come from the 1960s and 1970s, so I didn't have the heart to send those off to be spent. Guess I'll keep working on a Showa post-WW2 junk bin date set.

Looking for pocket change among the older stuff:
    tempImageNRBQ9Z.png

And here's my newly completed early 50 yen date set thanks to the Showa 30 in the junk bin. I think nearly all of these were 10 cent picks, but it took years. I'm still working on my date set for the 1959-64 series. Those don't show up in junk bins much.
    collage.jpg

I also picked up $20 worth of mostly loose coins. Most of that was for the China silver minor. I think Somaliland is a new "country" for me. The Uruguay 4 centesimos looks to have been cleaned, but has a lot of nice detail.
    2975.jpg

lordmarcovan, NOS and lardan like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I like those Uruguayan sunface types. I've seen several that got cleaned, so I guess that's not unusual.

Those bigger bronzes from Guernsey are fun, too.

The Eidolon likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted