Finally completed after 2 years.....7070 type set!!

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by johnny54321, Sep 30, 2010.

1. johnny54321

johnny54321 aspiring numismatist

The gold page is also completed and expanded on, but I just posted it in another thread so I will focus this thread on the basic 7070. It's finally done!!:hail::hail::hail::hail:

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. johnny54321

continued

Attached Files:

4. kaparthy

kaparthy Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I admire your sticking to a plan. I also admire the way you put those uncirculated coins into a carboard folder. Most people would emtomb them in plastic and then start cracking them out for upgrades. Nice of you to actually collect them. Very refreshing to meet a true aficionado.

Pardon my having to ask, but I do not collect US: Is it called a "7070" set because of the product number of the folder?

5. Captainkirk

Captainkirk 73 Buick Riviera owner

That is one of the nicest type sets I've seen.

6. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Member

Awesome type set collection! Filling the 7070 is quite an accomplishment, even in the lower circulated grades, but it appears that your coins are high grade, most in B/U condition, many with very attractive toning.

:thumb:WELL DONE MY FRIEND!!!!:thumb:

7. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

thanks for sharing, and congrats!!!!!!!!!

8. Mr. Coin Lover

Mr. Coin Lover Supporter**

Well done, looks great.

9. double-eagle

double-eagle Junior Member

Very nice Set, congrats, i must say that the GA state quarter should be replaced

DE

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

What an accomplishment! I've been working on one for five years now, and am still a few coins short.

11. bqcoins

bqcoins Olympic Figure Skating Scoring System Expert

That sir, is impressive. I am especially taken by the overall high grade of the set. I started my high grade 7070 last year and have miles to go before it is filled.

12. weryon

weryon World traveler - In Thailand

Congratulation on a great set and sticking to a plan! It looks great !!!

13. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Oops duplicate post not showing.

14. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Congrats - what is going on with the state quarter? Looks like one of those painted quarters.

15. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Agreed......that is the one coin that cheapens the collection for me. I just don't like those things. However, what a great collection other than that one coin!!!!!

16. johnny54321

lol, thanks all! I actually updated that quarter months ago with a Minnesota silver proof, but have'nt rephotographed that page in forever.

17. lincolncent

lincolncent Future Storm Chaser Guy

Beautiful set! I want to start a type set like that but I'd never have all of them in anywhere close to those grades. Congrats!

18. WingedLiberty

WingedLiberty Well-Known Member

i love it! thanks for posting ... i never get tired looking at type collections

19. johnny54321

My goal was AU or better mostly, but I dipped down into XF territory for the early copper and Seated Dollars and several other of the early tougher coins. So it's basically an XF minimum set. :)

20. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

Very nice set. I got about 1/3 done with my AU/MS 7070 set before I chickened out and decided to quit cracking out coins and kept them all in slabs :)

21. johnny54321

Thanks illini! I remember reading your thread on the CU forum a long time ago. I didn't quite head your warning now did I....:eek: My set isn't as high end as yours was though. I may take a hit on some of the coins if I resold them, but that's ok for now.

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted