Finally broke a coin

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Ed Snible, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Ryro

Ryro They call me the 13th Caesar Supporter

Gotta go with @TIF and @svessien here.
    I have a few busted coins (not by my doing fortunately... nor an unwitting heavy thumbed lady. My heart goes out to you on that story @rrdenarius)
    And having busted coins is a pain.
    You did that to it. Now you must glue it.

Theodosius, svessien and +VGO.DVCKS like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Amit Vyas

Amit Vyas Well-Known Member

From the original image, I would not have suspected the coin to be so embrittled. An exceptionally nice example for this late type (Fishman M56, with an altar-base beneath the reverse legend).

Packaging (and impatience) does pose problems sometimes. I was once impatient opening one of those corrugated safety mailers and relized, to my horror, that I had torn, along with the mailer, the original (very old) collector tickets enclosed with the coins. I managed to tape the pieces back together but the accident haunts me to this day, reminding me to be very careful in removing coins from the packaging.

Theodosius, Ed Snible and +VGO.DVCKS like this.
  4. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster It seemed like a good idea at the time.

I've been fortunate and never broke an ancient/medieval coin (although my collection is small). However, broken pieces can also be a problem in one of my other collecting interests, German Porcelain Notgeld.

testbroken600.jpg

Attached Files:

5. +VGO.DVCKS

+VGO.DVCKS Well-Known Member

6. PlanoSteve

PlanoSteve Supporter! Supporter

Ed, sell it on Etsy as a "Friendship Coin", you know, like those 2 piece charms they sell where 2 friends each keep half & they fit together like puzzle pieces! Etsy users will actually think it's a thing & you'll certainly get your money back & then some! Food for thought!...:D:joyful::joyful::joyful:

Ed Snible and svessien like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted