Finally A Nice Find 1960 Rpm 100 DDO FS-101

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by NewCollectorRick, Aug 19, 2017.

1. NewCollectorRick

NewCollectorRick Active Member

I have been told that when you actually see the coin you have mistaken others as, that I would realize how obvious it is and how dumb some of my questions were. I didn't even have to look it up to know it was rpm100 ddo-001 stage D 0819170158e_HDR.jpg 0819170158d_HDR.jpg 0819170158c_HDR.jpg 0819170158b_HDR.jpg 0819170157_HDR.jpg 0819170153_HDR.jpg 0819170213_HDR.jpg .
    Picked up $10 in hand rolled coins and first 2 rolls are dates from 59-72 for the most part. A ton of shiny new looking coins and all key dates it seems. Lucky find. Not the greatest condition but ill take it. Is it worth getting stabbed?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. eric6794

eric6794 Well-Known Member

no not worth slabbing nice find but the cost to slab is not worth it. Keep it in a flip and enjoy.

NewCollectorRick likes this.
  4. NewCollectorRick

Cool. I figured. It may be worth $30 to the right person after I posted that. I saw ms64 selling for $80 so like you said I will keep it in my 2x2. I've been wanting a 60 D for quite a while. One of my favorite coins in series so I will move him from cardboard to hard plastic. High roller over here watch out.

5. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

That's a nice one .
    I'm picking mine up next month .
    Bought it at the fun show ( Michigan ) last Nov.

It should be nice, it's coming from Mr. Potter ...

6. jay4202472000

jay4202472000 Well-Known Member

Awesome roll find! No question is a dumb one if you are trying to learn, but they jump at you when you really find one don't they! Congrats! Still don't have that variety & I need one for my Coneca Top 100 RPMs.

7. NewCollectorRick

Nice. Is yours the same stage ? There has to be more in those rolls. I have stacks of key doubled die dates that are for the most part uncirculated. Out if 50 coins 35 are key. I always get these when I buy $10 in coins. Of course its not when I spend some money. Ill take it when I can get it though. Not complaining.

8. Rick Stachowski

10 bucks is cheap .
    Mine cost me 100 bucks, but it red and in 64 shape .

So I'm told ...

jay4202472000 likes this.
  9. NewCollectorRick

Roll I just opened. I know they aren't key dates but I never see clean 71 or 71 D. Usually they are completely brown. If anyone needs a better grade if anything visible let me know. 0819171234a_HDR.jpg

10. NewCollectorRick

Yeah I'm hoping a snag some other goodies in the mix. Just pulled out half a roll on my way out the door. Now I'm rushing to get job done and get home so I can see what I have. Its Xmas sometimes and hell 99% of the other time. :) great hobby

Rick Stachowski likes this.
  11. Rick Stachowski

Keep us posted .
    Always love to see change finds ....

12. NewCollectorRick

Is there a significant error with 1959 D I should look for ? I always double check for a wheat back but I know that isn't likely. That's all I've seen on it.

13. Rick Stachowski

No cherrypickers, but wexler has a nice list of DDRs ..
    There's also some RPMs Too ..

14. NewCollectorRick

I know you are supposed to use multiple sources such as cherrypickers and Wexler but that's another area I was really messing up. I would just go to variety vista for everything. I don't own cherry pickers guide but ill grab one today. Having the physical book is probably nice. This guy want 40 each for 1 and 2 or both for 70. Do I need both parts and is that a good price ? Also, if there is a newer version coming out in the near future I will wait.

15. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

One of the nicest RPMs I have ever found CRH is a 1959D. Not sure if it is worth much. But it is a very obvious and easy to spot RPM 1959D002.jpg

16. NewCollectorRick

Most of the 59 D's I find are usually gunned up around mm so it's easy to miss something you aren't looking for. Thanks for the photo.
    I forget about rpms sometimes. So many pennies with so many errors. I stopped rushing my reject coins back to the bank just because of that.

17. jay4202472000

1971 has arguably the strongest class 2 doubled die known in the series. It's pretty valuable. I found one in change but it's had better days.

http://varietyvista.com/01b LC Doubled Dies Vol 2/1971PDDO001.htm

I would be tickled pink to have those rolls for face value!!

NewCollectorRick likes this.
  18. Rick Stachowski

I own a nice one I cherrypicked off of ebay .
    upload_2017-8-19_16-11-24.jpeg upload_2017-8-19_16-11-43.jpeg

upload_2017-8-19_16-12-30.jpeg

19. jay4202472000

20. coinsareus10

coinsareus10 Well-Known Member

Nice doubling on the LIB.

21. NewCollectorRick

So that's what it looks like. Now its obvious. A lot more obvious than some of the photos I've seen. Nice coin. I will be on the look out for it. Headed home now to start looking looking.

Draft saved Draft deleted