Filling in those seated H10s 1839 0 No drapery

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mrweaseluv, Feb 3, 2023.

1. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

I probably went a little high on this one but will see as it will be part of the newest NGC submission happening later this month lol

39.png 39r.png

SensibleSal66 and -jeffB like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

4. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Oh I'm very very happy :D
    20230209_172741 (2).jpg 20230209_172749 (2).jpg

Cheech9712 likes this.
  5. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP Supporter

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but as somebody that has played that game for the registry set I would have passed. There's a reason it's not in a slab. The scratches on liberty and the light areas amongst the dark would have been red flags to me and I think you will get no more than a details grade.

I've looked at thousands of dimes and half dimes on ebay over the years and very very rarely can pull the trigger because almost all have been messed with and will not grade. Some of the ones I thought were worth the risk got sent in and came back with details grades. There's just no way around it. If you're going to get it graded, you gotta be highly discretionary and usually find a reason to NOT buy raw coins, 99.9999% of the time. Very few out there will grade. It's a tough game and it's usually just better to buy one already graded and pay. Although not as much of an adventure if that's what you want.

johnmilton, Cheech9712 and green18 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted