Few questions

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by dlp_dlp21, Aug 9, 2018.

1. dlp_dlp21

dlp_dlp21 always and forever

First one is are any of these worth much in the condition there in?

The first silver why doesnt it say in god we trust like the others? Im assuming didnt have it put on there yet since its 35

And why are the 1957 all signed by different people

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Well....they’re all in pretty rough condition, and I don’t understand what you see in the newer $1 FRN’s. Sorry.

4. dlp_dlp21

Well I didn't put them there my grandfather did I can't ask him no longer with us. Also got some $5 blue and reds

5. MEC2

MEC2 Enormous Member

dlp - nothing valuable, he probably pulled them aside from change he got, and for face value, why not? Costs a buck to keep a neat old style note you got for a buck...

In God We Trust wasn't added on the back of bills until 57 so you answered that. The signatures change because - the people in office change. People retire or elections occur and the Secretary of the Treasury changes as often does the Treasurer, so... new sigs. The series changes when that happens as well, so it says 1957, 57A, 57B, and so on.

So no value, other than sentimental really. But for face value, why not keep it? Though those currency pages look PVC'ey to me, might want to get them out of it because PVC will ruin paper eventually.

6. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I agree with @MEC2. The value is sentimental and if you plan on keeping them (long term) then get them into Mylar currency sleeves.

Endeavor likes this.
  7. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

That last picture of the UA note is too blurry to be sure, but to me it looks like the third printing is not correct. It looks tilted down towards the right. The signature is over the printed name. If I am correct, this note is a very minor error note an I would keep it.

8. dlp_dlp21

I'll take another picture here in 2 mins

9. dlp_dlp21

Here u go
    Here ya go @Jersey magic man 20180812_211133.jpg 20180812_211047.jpg 20180812_211023.jpg

Endeavor likes this.
  10. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

11. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

I don’t see the error on the third printing that I thought I saw in the blurry UA picture. No reason to keep except for the fun of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted