Few new pickups

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by WpnsExpert78, Aug 21, 2012.

1. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

Me and the better half spend the day together hit up a few local places got some good deals I think. I bought a few Morgans for $20 each and a 1986 S Silver Eagle proof for $30. One of the Morgans has a die clash from the looks of it.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. enochian

enochian silver eater

4. TsutoyaRei

TsutoyaRei New Member

Very good deals. Wish i can get some at these prices too :p

5. K2Coins

K2Coins GO GATORS

Yes, the 1881-o morgan dollar is a die clash

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

agreed

7. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

Thanks guys. Figured it was but you know how it is you always second guess what you see. I was disappointed to learn that a pawn shop near my home no longer sells the silver coins. I wad told they ship all coins with their scrap gold, the manager told me that this is because it offsets their cost of smelting their gold. So the way I took that is they send the coins in so they can covert their cost of smelting.

8. enochian

enochian silver eater

i want some morgans for 20 i dont have one yet

9. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Nice pick-ups at a great price.
    Guy

10. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

There is a jewlery shop near me in Houston that I have been buying from that has sold me several Franklins, Kennedys for 10-12 and Morgans and Peace Dollars for $20.00 -22.00 and the Eagle Proof above for 30.00. I have been dealing with her for years as she has made several pieces of jewelry for my wife and I. She did tell me that she has a large amount of coins that she is going to sale soon. She gets people selling them to her often. If anyone in the Houston area is interested let me know I expect to have some pics and maybe a list soon.

11. K2Coins

K2Coins GO GATORS

Would you ship?

12. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

If you are interested in some of the coins she has I will ship them for you. Tomorrow I will be doing a inventory on what she has and getting a list of prices from her. I will be taking photos and will post them. I am not a coin grader so what you see in the photos is what it will be.

13. K2Coins

K2Coins GO GATORS

I only try to buy graded coins online, not that i dont trust you or anything, but in his world you cant trust anybody. :p one needs the coin in hand to truly give and accurate grade

14. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

I dont buy graded coins that way either I just wanted everyone to know.

15. enochian

enochian silver eater

Hmm how would someone pay you who may be intrested in buying and do you have any refernce for some one to trust you

16. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

When I get the pictures done, a person can pay through paypal that way both parties are protected. I am just getting home and will have a list and pics available maybe first thing in the morning.

17. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

18. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

19. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

20. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

21. WpnsExpert78

WpnsExpert78 New Member

I believe the "CAL. coin was only for the year 1848 only shows only 1,389 'CAL." coins were minted.

Draft saved Draft deleted