Few different coins, Few different possible errors?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by CatW, Mar 4, 2017.

1. CatW

CatW Member

Doubled 2.jpg
    Is this 2 DD or an MD?
    Doubled P.jpg
    Is this P DD or an MD?
    Doubled Steps.jpg InkedS20170303_0004_LI.jpg
    Theses are 2 different nickels. Are the steps doubled or have I just looked at too many worn ones?
    Thanks a mil!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@CatW

Back off! Would ya? I can't tell if the P has P'ed or not.

If you get any closer, I won't have to worry about falling down the steps. They'll be on top of me.

Be careful with that scope. It might swallow the coin if you get any closer.

Chris

4. CatW

CatW Member

Wow, not quite sure how to take your response.

I see many complaints on here that people don't post close enough or clear enough pictures when they have questions. Was just trying to get pictures that people can see so they could give an accurate response.

I thought CT was a respectful place where people could discuss coins and everything that comes with them, but I have noticed lately, more and more, a few older members have become less than tolerant of those who are seeking a little help.

I do read a lot and try to seek answers on my own, but then I always see contradicting information so I come here to get live feedback. So I will respectfully ask, that if you don't like my post or my pictures, then kindly pass by them.

5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Sorry! I forgot the......;);););););)

Yes, there are times when close-ups are necessary, but not that close. For example, the "P" may be a true doubled die, but the close-up may also have masked the "flat and shelf-like" appearance of machine doubling. It may also be die deterioration doubling, but we can't tell from such an extreme close-up. In this case, it is better to provide a good image of the whole coin to go with it.

Similarly, we have the same situation regarding the steps, but you really need to ask yourself, "How can one step be doubled in the middle of a stairway without affecting any of the other steps?" Again, backing off and giving us an overview of the reverse might help answer your question.

Sorry about my attempt at a little levity without posting a levity emoticon.

Chris

Draft saved Draft deleted