Feeling sick right now.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Miketexas, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

Gosh, I don't know whether you are joking or serious, but if true, I would move the heck out of where ever you are if I were "rich". Ha, ha! Sorry, probably not funny, is it?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

I suggest you "Google" State Farm Quadruples Profits In 2012 While Lowballing Clients.

I contacted the largest law Firms around the country, and no firm wanted to challenge them on a contingency basis, as they have the a great record of winning lawsuits. I went to a top level manager, and she told me that if I initiated an action they would make my life so I'd wish I wasn't born. I know the process, and believe me, I believe she could/would bankrupt Trump. I went to the government regulators, newscasters, etc., and everyone advised "forget it".
    They informed me that the insurance companies through numerous processes can legally stall until an action is denied.

Check it out before you advance advice. I believe you'd reconsider if you understood your options. For 2 years I wrote volumes, and called repeatedly to jurists/others. I believe you'll only locate a class action by their representatives to be cause for a major settlement.

JMHO

4. joecoincollect

joecoincollect Well-Known Member

It sounds like your house sticks out like a sore thumb. That, or you live out in the Wild West somewhere.

Nycmacman likes this.
  5. imrich

imrich Supporter! Supporter

You can't win all of your battles! Just enjoy where you are, and that which you have. I DO!!

JMHO

My 2 city block forested retreat:

Attached Files:

6. Nycmacman

Nycmacman Active Member

Sorry to hear that. Any issues I've had, have been remedied in a timely manner with various insurers and transport carriers. Seems like you have just been hit by a spurt of bad luck. Hopefully it has changed and or will change soon!

7. oval_man

oval_man Elliptical member

Very sorry for your loss. As others have said, sounds like some inside information was involved, particularly if no other units were broken into.

Miketexas likes this.
  8. rp3989

rp3989 Active Member

After reading 4 pages of this stuff, I'm really sorry for the loss and sick to my stomach about it. Hoping for a positive outcome.

KarlB and Miketexas like this.
  9. Miketexas

Miketexas Member

Just found out the stupid storage unit insurance doesn't cover coins or cash! Stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. KarlB

KarlB Active Member

If it is an inside job, your collection might be in another unit, waiting for things to cool down before approaching coin stores.

Just a thought.

11. Miketexas

Miketexas Member

The manager won't even tell the other tenants that a theft happened

12. Brett_in_Sacto

Brett_in_Sacto Well-Known Member

Call me cynical, but it sounds like an inside job. Who randomly ransacks one storage unit "out of all of them" and it just happens to be a new one with a large collection in it?

Sounds like someone knew what they were after. Some how, some way - someone knew.

Think about everyone that may have known outside of your circle of trust. Any employees you told at the site? When you were getting insurance, did you mention anything on the listing, or put a significant value on it?

If they went through 10 lockers at random, I could see it being random. If they only attacked yours and it was shortly after you moved in - that to me screams of inside knowledge.

Start with who knew, and who they may have told... Good luck, and good hunting...

Miketexas likes this.
  13. Miketexas

Miketexas Member

I'm waiting for the detective to get in touch with me. I will share all my concerns with the manager and my six sense I'm feeling about it. They must have seen my safe when driving by. I don't recall telling anyone what I had in the unit.

14. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Travesties are reported to a different site... sorry

15. bearze34

bearze34 Active Member

You left millions of dollars sitting in a,storage? What about a safe deposit box. I wouldn't have that much sitting in my house unless I had a large safe and impenetrable security.

16. Newbie2015

Newbie2015 Member

Wow! That is really kind of you.

DMac and Miketexas like this.
  17. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Security cameras. You didn't see them, but someone was watching. They probably have the break-in on video, and the lack of such video might be damning evidence on its' own.

Brett_in_Sacto and Miketexas like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted