Favorite coin in your collection?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ponderossa, May 6, 2013.

1. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Hello treylxapi47,

Look at the S mint mark on your 1875-S twenty cent piece. It looks like it might have the RPM that looks like a $ sign.

Stay thirsty my friend. :smile

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

I dont know about big money, but they cost enough. I think for the 4 coins combined (2-1853 halves, 1877 half, and 1875 twenty center) I paid out around $900 which is think is pretty decent and fair for just the 3 XF or better coins, i consider that 1853 half in VF problem free condition to be a bonus :)

4. treylxapi47

Thanks for the heads up! I'm curious, how did you see that repunched mint mark?!?

I had to cheat:
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368192971.484608.jpg

But good eye my man!

5. treylxapi47

Im also looking for a dollar to complete the larger denominations.

I also have a quarter somewhere, i think the picture is over in the Newest Acq. thread

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Wait until you get to know me.

Please don't encourage him.

7. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

This is my favorite coin probably more for the "history" than the coin itself. My father gave me this coin just before he passed away. It was given to him by my grandfather and may have been in my family even prior to that.

Attached Files:

8. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

Sorry the pictures are "sideways". I sent this coin for grading a few years ago and was happy to get an MS grade.:smile

9. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Nice coin Mr. Dunk. :hail:

Attached Files:

10. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for rotating the picture. Looks better without having to tilt my head!!!

11. jjack

jjack Captain Obvious

I have many favorites but as i have posted earlier my most interesting favorite has to be this coin since i didn't even know how rare it was when i bought it, thought it was 1974 issue. What are chances you buy one coin and you find out it is something else :D

It is similar to 1974 Haiti coin issue but there a many notable differences. Krause lists mintage at less than 150 and this is only 1 have seen to date.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

12. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

Very nice Jack!!!

13. treylxapi47

Nother new 'favorite' seated coin

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368573686.967628.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368573698.764972.jpg

I'm addicted to these arrow and rays. I've purchased 2 halves and quarter this week.

14. vam78

vam78 Firefighter/Numismatist

Gotta love the Irish! I'm gonna have a couple of domestics tonight. I'm off duty of course so everyone's safe...lol
    BTW: Foster's is great! :D

fosters.jpg

15. geekpryde

geekpryde Husband and Father Moderator

My newest coin, so it's at the top of my list:

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Slider

Slider Member

The standing lib quarter in higher grades rates right up there with the most beautiful coins the U.S. mint has ever produced.

17. Slider

Slider Member

I get the addiction. There's something about the rays that really sets the coin off.

18. treylxapi47

This is the quarter that I'm waiting on. I'm upgrading (is it upgrading to get a better type coin but lower overall grade?) and traded an 1876 P quarter AU-50 plus some cash.

This one is an NGC XF-45 and should sit well next to that XF-45 1853 Half.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368662833.550370.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368662842.283944.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted