Faustina Sr. Reshoot

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by iamtiberius, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Original dealer's photo failed to capture the real toning, metal color, and bronze-like hue. I'm really enjoying the galaxy note 4 and lighting set up I've used the last couple weeks. I've been able to get some decent macro pictures as well.

Before
    Faustina Old.png After
    Faustina Sr Denarius.png

Rome mint. Died AD 140/1. Struck under Pius, circa AD 147-161
    Faustina Senior Denarius. DIVA FAVSTINA, draped bust right / AETERNITAS, Juno or Aeternitas standing left, hand raised, holding scepter
    17.8mm
    3.37g

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I haven't changed cameras but I have been busy re-imaging my coins as well. And I am learning a lot about my camera as I go. I am having fun doing it and I thought I wouldn't.

Faustina 7.jpg Faustina 4.JPG

4. It's strange, generally speaking, how sharp the details were on the Faustina Sr Aeternitas issue. I swear you could cut your fingers on the legend. Here's another that sold on cngcoins. I've never seen such edges on an ancient; that nose could open a can.
    Faustina Aeterintas CNG.jpg

5. TJC

TJC Well-Known Member

Iamtiberius, fantastic coin! I love coins with flow lines and the new pics bring them out beautifully! Especially on the obverse where they are so heavy. Very nice pick up.

Mikey Zee likes this.
  6. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice, I like the second image more.

7. Mikey Zee

Mikey Zee Delenda Est Carthago

Terrific photos guys---I'm still working on correcting my stability and lighting issues...and then many others to follow, I'm sure.... LOL

You and Bing have really improved the quality of your coin photos---and I LOVE when the camera actually captures the true 'nature' of the coin---especially in crystal clarity.

I-M-T, I would have thought your Faustina was LESS of a bronze and more like the former 'silvery' photo...but the true toning is what I'm after as well.

iamtiberius likes this.
  8. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

This one spoke to me in the summer of 2013. :) Faustina Sr Collage.jpg
    Faustina Senior
    AR Denari ca. 141 AD

3.15 grams, 16 mm
    Obv: Draped bust of Faustina Senior
    facing right. DIVA FAUSTINA
    Reverse: Pietas standing sacrificing
    at altar AVGVSTA
    Grade: aEF coin that is sharp & clear
    even at the points of highest
    relief on Faustina’s bust.
    Other: Faustina Sr. was the wife of Antoninus Pius & died in 141 AD.

chrsmat71, Bing and Mikey Zee like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted