Fargo, ND coin show this weekend

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BuffaloHunter, Jan 24, 2019.

1. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

The Red River Valley Coin Club 59th Annual Coin Show is this weekend in Fargo, ND. Is there anybody in here from the great north who plan on attending this show? My wife and I are making the two hour trek to attend on Saturday.

SchwaVB57 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Otis2u

Otis2u New Member

Yep I’m going to the Fargo Coin Expo.
    My soon to be X-wife already insisting she receive 1/2 of whatever I buy.
    She thinks because my Hobby of collecting Coins is my way of stashing away money from her.
    Anyone else here ever go through pending divorce with the X expecting 1/2 of coin collection? Don’t know how to handle this one really.

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Sorry this is CoinTalk.. Not Divorce Court ;)

When I got divorced 14 years ago I told my ex-wife that my coin collection was stolen!

5. Otis2u

Otis2u New Member

Yeah, sorry about bringing up the X divorce problems. Just being a highly frustrated Coin Collector
    Of 45 + years.
    Thanks just the same for attempting to understand, from one Coin Collector to others!

paddyman98 likes this.
  6. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Get a dealer to appraise/make an offer for your collection and then pay her 1/2 that amount and keep the coins. Just like a house tell her lawyer that the collection can't be split up.

7. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

I intend on writing "CoinTalk: BuffaloHunter" on my name tag when I enter. Do others here do the same when attending shows? Conversation starter if nothing else and may bring some new members to this forum.

Heavymetal likes this.
  8. Maxfli

Maxfli Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. My ex, even though she knew I had a coin collection, never brought it up in settlement discussions.

Good thing. Many of the coins I bought while we were married (late 70s to mid 80s) have escalated in value to a point that I would be hard pressed to afford them today.

Draft saved Draft deleted