Fall Into A Contest for YN'S Only 14-17 Y/O

Discussion in 'Contests' started by Paddy54, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

This Fall contest is for YN'S ONLY! Between 14-17 years old.
    Here's the rules.....
    1 Today I posted something different than I normally would, your first job find and read the post.
    2 This post is about a certain type of school ,there was such a school in Baltimore in the early 1900's. This school had a student who was known world wide . Who was this student?
    3 What was the name of this school? What happened in 1919 to this school?
    4 This school became a landmark then was reopened what was the schools new name?
    5 As well the alumni in question #1 who else went to this school who became famous ? Hint there are several .....name 3 of them, and what they were famous for .
    Lastly "PM " all replies to me. Do not reply below!

The YN who gets all questions correct first wins a Unc. toned Roosevelt dime with a RPM. Again PM Answers only YN'S between 14-17 Y/O Only, pm 's will be judged by time stamp on them, and all questions answered correctly . Good luck.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Well we already have a winner Scott's 1 ! I will have him post the answers .

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  4. Paddy54

220px-StMarysBW.jpg Babe_Ruth_with_St._Mary's_Band.jpg

The building still stands at the corner of Caton Ave & Wilkins ave. The house that Ruth built

Seattlite86 likes this.
  5. scotts1

scotts1 Well-Known Member

The name of the school in Baltimore is the St. Mary's Industrial School for Boys. The famous student was George Herman "Babe" Ruth. In 1919, there was a fire that destroyed much of the school. It was later named the Cardinal Gibbons School. Some other famous students include Al Jolson (entertainer), Norman Black (basketball player), and Mark E. Ferguson III (Navy Admiral).

Santinidollar likes this.
  6. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Excellent quiz, Paddy! Glad to see our YN knows history!

Hommer and Paddy54 like this.
  7. Paddy54

And a tad bit of personal history to this story....My Grandfather was a fireman who fought the 1919 fire. He was injured during the fire,and never returned to the fire department . In these days horse and wagons were still in use to fight fires. He passed in 1965 at age 86.

8. brandon spiegel

brandon spiegel Brandon Spiegel

thats crazy!

9. scotts1

Thanks again, I look forward to receiving the coin and will update when it arrives! :)

10. scotts1

I'm pleased to report that the dime arrived today and looks GREAT! Thank you so much Paddy54!
    DSCF8852.JPG

DSCF8850.JPG

Paddy54 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.