Fakes?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by sergeant, May 24, 2014.

1. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

Plus Zero feedback, and seller "does not offer returns..."

4. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

No returns? Well I didn't look. The only reason I found these because they were new.

5. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

The two raw ones maybe as they do not look right. The Anacs one is really odd. It doesn't even look like a legit slab. Looks like some that I have with a printed label.

6. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

No idea about their authenticity.

I wouldn't buy ANY of them, just because the sellers don't provide decent photos.

They're either incompetent with providing decent images for an ebay listing, or they're trying to hide something.

JPeace$ likes this.
  7. Ethan

The ANACS number is bogus (98726345873183032026).

8. Effigy303

Effigy303 Well-Known Member

It's ANGS NOT ANACS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

That's not ANACS. Bad photos in all 3 listings, I believe the last 2 are real though.

10. Ethan

Crap I did not see that. Wow! I can not even blame that on the beer, just a brainfart.

11. BooksB4Coins

BooksB4Coins Newbieus Sempiterna

Link 1: I feel it irresponsible to base an opinion off of so little information.

Link 2: ditto but does look genuine.

Link 3: I would't lose any sleep over it.

As for the zero feedback thing, everyone has to start somewhere, and I doubt ebay/paypal is going to let them see one cent of the money until knowing the buyer is happy.

That's probably because it does not say ANACS and isn't a "legit" slab. ;)

12. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

Can't say either way with those pics , but I lean to real . But I sure wouldn't bid on them . Though I will ask them for some better pics .

13. Ethan

I bid $1 on the one and then up to $12.50, I will not go higher but I would not mind seeing it up close.

14. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

They have been all sold. And it seems that angs or whatever is a crappy grader.

15. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

ANGS is probably just some self-slabber in someone's basement or something (I can not find any website or address for them, which seems suspicious). They have a reputation for overgrading coins big time and not calling out obviously cleaned/problem coins as such. Would generally stay away from anything graded by them. A good coin may be in one of their slabs, but treat any coin graded by them as raw and ignore whatever grade they put on it. Also, be able to tell if the coin is actually authentic on your own; would not trust them to even authenticate a coin.

Sure it's already been said, but don't confuse ANGS with ANACS.

16. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

I found the ANGS home page, etc. -- http://angsonline.com and here's their pitch :yack:

Established in the year 2000. ANGS is a coin grading company with the highest standards of quality and integrity. We handle coins with the utmost care and attention. We are a coin grading service specializing in all types of coins From around the world to the old US of A. At ANGS our graded coins come in special protective cases, with a serial number.

==========
    So if you are in the old US of A, sounds like a marriage made in Heaven...

17. Troodon

Troodon Coin Collector

Still would stay away lol...

18. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I SERIOUSLY doubt that as I didn't run across them until just a year or two ago.

rzage likes this.
  19. sergeant

sergeant Not a Member

More like:
    Atrocious neglective grading service
    Established in the year 2011. ANGS is a coin grading company with the poorest standards of quality and integrity. We handle coins with dangerous chemicals. We also spit on your coins and put them in a shredder (for free as long as you submit a coin)! We are a coin grading service specializing in all types of coins From around the world to Chinese fakes. At ANGS our graded coins come in special protective (bpa, PVC, cyanide, VX, and uranium coated) cases, with a serial number.

Draft saved Draft deleted