(fake) Two headed nickel find

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Pennycase, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Pennycase

Pennycase New Member

I'm not sure if I should post a new thread on a fake "error" coin, or altered I should say, when I already know it's fake, just wanted to take a moment to explain that this wasn't bought from a store, it wasn't bought from the internet, I found it in my register yesterday at work, It was a good day ( 2 rolls of biccentenials, 7 wheat pennies, 23 pre 1950 jefferson 5 cents). At first I almost wet myself, but, then remembering that none are known to exist, I examined the coin closer, to find that around the edges on the 1987 ( 1986&1987) there was quite a gap, not one too noticable if I haden't gotten my 5x out, then to confirm it was altered, I drop it onto the counter, sure enough, no ping....It's interesting to see how many interesting coins slip by bank tellers.....

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jody526

jody526 New Member

Pretty cool. I've never seen one in circulation.

4. National dealer

National dealer New Member

Very cool find. Be careful about wetting yourself at work though. Bosses usually don't like that kind of thing :D

5. laz

laz New Member

These things are commonly called 'flipper' and used to cheat at the coin toss. It is unfortunately all too common to see these turn up in circulation. In fact,it's one of the most common question's to come in from the web. These coins are very easy to spend accidently! ~ Jim

Draft saved Draft deleted