Fake posters!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by bhp3rd, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

Hey, don't take my post the wrong way. You've proven yourself here (I would hope) and I believe you. I was just frustrated that there are morons who want to ruin it for the real new people trying to learn.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. tmoneyeagles

tmoneyeagles Indian Buffalo Gatherer

I know of people who have had separate accounts, and use the newer ones, and no longer use the old ones.
    Just Coins, Jazzcoins, and whatever other aliases he goes by is a good example.
    I believe Scottishmoney has another user name and uses that. (Could be wrong on that one, but when one username goes dead, and a new one comes about with the same avatar and posting the same...)
    Heck, I've been accused of being a troll, being a mid aged man because somebody my age wouldn't be able to spar as good. (Well, thats what the said at Collectors Universe) Lots of people don't believe me to be who I say I am...I don't really care, not going to lose sleep over it, the important people know the truth.

Trolls are on every forum, and they usually come back again and again. It wouldn't surprise me if BNB was here somewhere. I think it is something we just get used to and deal with, or at least I do.

I'm always willing to help people, and if somebody is just messing with me, ok, might be a little bothered by it once I find out, but it won't stop me from being a member of the forum, or make me lose sleep, or make me stop from collecting or teaching and learning about what I love.
    :)

4. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

I'm going to close this thread because:
    A: I think it has run its course
    B: it isn't numismatic in topic

That being said - I think some of ya'll are jumping to wrong ideas. Sure we have our share of "fake posters" as any forum, but we don't need to make a big deal about it because that just eggs them on. If you see a fake poster, then REPORT it to the Moderators. On each post there is a RED Triangle on the left hand said - click that and send a report. We check out EACH report and take action IF needed.

Now let me address a few of the things that have been said in this thread.

I feel like each question is importaint - no matter if it is a $1 coin or a $1000 coin, each persons questions needs an answer. We all started somewhere....
    Answering a question for someone about a dollar coin might lead to a friendship that is worth more than any ammount of money.

Most people that are new to coins just "KNOW" that their coin is RARE....so I would disagree 100% that saying that their coin is rare means that they are fake.....just misinformed.

Posting like crazy, and then fading away - once again, not a sign of a fake poster. Many people come and go, and some lose interest in coins, some have family issues that need to be worked with, and others may pass on.

Posting in one area - again, NOT a sign of a fake poster. If a user already has a little background in coins, or at least knows what he is interested in, then it would be normal to ONLY post in that area...if it be the Error forum, World Coins, or Paper money, that is normal, and not a sign of anything.

User ID's and locations - um.....really? I'm sure in your area there are more than just one person...so just because they are in the same area as another user doesn't make them fake. The user ID is the same deal - someone might lose their ID and think that they should just sign back up with a User ID like the first, or they might be friends...or it might just be a term they liked. It is kindof like Email address - I'm sure there are other people that have an email address that is like yours, but that doens't make them fake.

So here is what I'm going at - sure we have trolls - but don't feed them....ignore them, report them!

Speedy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.