Fake morgans being sold on ebay

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by itm389, Aug 18, 2019.

1. itm389

itm389 Member

Hello everyone just made an account on here to show people all these fakes this guy is selling on ebay. Here is one example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1883-CC-1-...594728?hash=item34110142e8:g:Cz8AAOSws59dVGn~

Wear of the details on the obverse do not match the wear on the reverse. This is a really bad fake. Feel bad for the people bidding. He tried to artificially tone it to hide the details haha. Cant stand people like this really ruins ebay for a lot of people.

He has multiple other coins that look like real bad fakes hes trying to peddle. Check his feedback too. He sold a trade dollar and got bad feedback because the buyer sent it in to get slabbed and it came back not genuine. What a jerk. I hope his account gets shut down.

IanC likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Not being a 'Morgan' guy, 'splain Lucy......

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

5. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

i do see alot of potato toning in his auctions.

6. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

there is a "report listing" half way down the auction if you feel so inclined. Need more info, I did not report this one, however the one posted just prior to yours i did due to its obviously a brass coin dipped in silver.

7. itm389

itm389 Member

Hah I already reported the majority of his morgans hes selling. If you look at the details in the hair they all look very similar. Really bad fakes especially the ones with far different grades from obverse to reverse. Whats potato toning btw? Never heard that before. Im pretty good at seeing artificial toning but never heard that before. Do they but it in a potato then throw it in the oven? haha

Amos 811 likes this.
  8. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Those toned counterfeits are available on the forty thieves web site. Reported,,

9. carly

carly Member

Hmmm.......he sold a silver Eagle last month for $13. It's been running around $17 an ounce lately.....

10. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

yup, jammed in a tater and baked for hours...

11. itm389

itm389 Member

Ahhh he listed like 8 more coins and sold a bunch too...this guy is a joke. How does he still have an ebay account?

12. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

When you report one of these, take a screenshot before reporting it. If it disappears and the same item is relisted, take another screenshot, which will demonstrate intent. Forward to ICTA's anti-counterfeiting task force (e-mail address not supplied here). While eBay doesn't take this seriously, law enforcement has started to.

Draft saved Draft deleted