Fake coins

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by potty dollar 1878, Mar 25, 2022.

1. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Jack D. Young likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Funny. Looks like he went from selling lingerie, to pipe cleaners, to cigarette tips, to selling "Chinese Bronze Rare Brass Handwork Sex Position Figure Statue Amulet Hot", to selling fake coins.

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  4. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Shipped from China? It must be real...:yack:

5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

He He!! :hilarious: Also, he calls the "Fat Man" is an Ancient coin!! It's dated 1919 DuDe! :hilarious:

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Just curious . . . how much time do members here spend looking for fake items on the net?

Kentucky, Hoky77, MIGuy and 2 others like this.
  7. potty dollar 1878

Don't know i just look for possible auction steals and drift for a bit then find these listings.

Jack D. Young and -jeffB like this.
  8. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I come across fakes all the time when I'm looking to buy, it don't take long at all! You don't have to look for them at all, choose a popular coin and you'll find fakes!

9. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

If it's at "steal price," chances are you are going to see a lot of counterfeits. The old saying if "If it's too good to be true, it probably is."

Cheech9712 likes this.
  10. potty dollar 1878

I don't think someone would be counterfiting common world silver or beaver nickels e.t.c.

11. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

They are counterfeiting circulated, common date Morgan Dollars. Who would have thought that the Chinese would go to the trouble to do that?

fretboard and potty dollar 1878 like this.
  12. potty dollar 1878

true,my point is not everything is fake some get excellent deals which is possible .when i said steal i'm not referring to getting a roll of silver quarters for a few bucks that would be a red flag.

13. potty dollar 1878

Won these in an auction little under $20 10 silvers pretty nice deal.Surprised no one else bid it seemed like a steal to me,nothing screams fake I tested the silver. Screenshot_20220325-135804_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20220325-135809_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20220325-135814_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20220325-135818_eBay.jpg

Hookman and capthank like this.
  14. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

They counterfeit common wheat cents (think 1956 D Lincoln cents) so nothing is truly safe from the counterfeiters.

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  15. potty dollar 1878

Yes,I was trying to say not everything is fake to john,nice deals can be had, people can be surprised.

Jack D. Young likes this.
  16. Jack D. Young

Jack D. Young Well-Known Member

17. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

I believe that when a dealer that is known to post/sell fake coins WE should expose that individual as broadly as we can. Not just posting his ebay ad but digging a little deeper and posting EVERYTHING THAT YOU CAN DIG UP ON HIM/HER since they will undoubtedly be posting somewhere else.
    JMO
    Phil

18. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I think it’s because the commons are bought by newbie. The collector’s with bigger brains check the good coins out. When’s the last time you fished for commons

19. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

There are a lot of counterfeit coins being sold on Facebook. The people doing this will actually use real pictures of real silver eagles including US mint pictures to sell their junk. Some are even selling "complete" sets of Morgan dollars. I think their sets are 27 coins. All the coins look the same. Scam! The sad part is that someone must be buying these things otherwise they wouldn't bother selling them.

manny9655 likes this.
  20. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

Fakes always come too mind when I’m looking at something that interest me. If I suspect a fake I leave it alone, whether I’m right or wrong, I’d rather be safe then sorry.

21. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

too much

Mountain Man likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted