Fake Apmex 1oz Gold Bar

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by DGXJewelry, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Lemme Caution

Lemme Caution Well-Known Member

And you're going to recover all this how?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Lemme Caution

Precisely. Thank you for injecting a touch of realism into fantasyland.

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Doubtful, and that's not a scientific fact anyway. Nothing but estimates from people who generally have an interest in it appearing scare. There is never any shortage of it and it's been mined for thousands of years not to mention illegally mined and hidden ect. No one has any clue how much there actually is floating around which is infinitely recyclable

5. Lemme Caution

In that case, from now on I insist Gold Eagles go for the same price as clad. Und damit basta, nicht wahr?

6. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

You rang? Really, I am quite real and you SHOULD believe in me.
    [​IMG]

BTW and FWIW (and a bit late to comment), I appreciated the post by @Mike at APMEX -- as a customer it's nice to know there are 'steps being taken'.

Lemme Caution and -jeffB like this.
  7. Lemme Caution

I'm a believer! :happy:

Stork likes this.
  8. Goldengirltoday

Goldengirltoday New Member

I'm sure that all there new coins are or were fake! I brought a gold coin that was new and uncirculated! This was many years ago! I complained and was sent a refund! It was obvious with a loop from the edges that it was2 toned like a dime. It was naturally painted gold, but it still could be seen under magnification. And, photos with magnification , were beautiful! I tried to call the us mint to complain about counterfeit coin. I got no where.

9. coinscoinscoins

coinscoinscoins Junior Member

I'm sorry, could you say that again?

10. Goldengirltoday

Goldengirltoday New Member

I
    I believe that all of there new coins back in the day were fake! I brought a $10 new coin, it was uncirculated. I also had a new coin that was slabed. When I looped both coin. The slabed coin date was sharper in detail, it made be think the Ampex was fake, so, I looped the edges and bingo! You could see the various layers just like a dime. It photo graphed very well under high magnification. Seedless to say, I got my money back ! Ebay could care less about what they sell. This was about 5 years ago. I even told them, your date on the pictured coin lacks sharpness. And shortly after, they show coin with no date which says various!

Draft saved Draft deleted