Fake 1891cc?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Camreno, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

I did the same thing, but a lot were small images. And who knows if those are real ones or not. I want a verified site

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 180IQ

180IQ Active Member

They're pretty big, you go to prices, select denomination, then click on the date you want to see. A new page pops up with a large image and auction results. Click on view images, sometimes they have 100 images of one date and mintmark in all different condition. It's like having a grading set at your disposal.

4. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Register at Heritage Auctions (ha.com) to gain access to their image archive. You don't have to buy anything or give them any financial information.

They have nearly two million images of past auction coins in all denominations, and pretty much all of them from the last ten years are in extremely high resolution. They are also an excellent resource for comparing multiple examples of a coin in a given grade, which is very useful when learning to grade an issue new to you.

In addition, their archive is a primary resource for me when attributing varieties of many denominations.

-jeffB and Camreno like this.
  5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

6. 180IQ

180IQ Active Member

You can get to it that way too. I use those images a LOT. It's the best way to find out what grade a coin is before deciding to submit. And sometimes you can see the coins that they gave a straight grade instead of details when ray Charles could tell they're improperly cleaned.

Draft saved Draft deleted