Fake 1891cc?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Camreno, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

I cant see the pictures well enough to determine anything, not that I'm even good enough to spot fakes. But the fact that the label is covered up with paper AND he said it has not been authenticated, leaves room for suspicion.

So whose gonna bid on it? lol

Massive silver coins and more lot!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. 180IQ

180IQ Active Member

The listing says 1891 cc, so get it. Authenticate it yourself, If it isn't real, send it back as not as described. The listing would have to say it is fake for you to get stuck with it. Pay pal covers a multitude of sins.

4. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

That's toeing a gray line there, he dosent say its real, but he also dosent say its fake. In fact hes leading more towards its fake lol

5. 180IQ

180IQ Active Member

There's no pic of the reverse ; (

6. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

I think its fake, the 9 looks off. There's a pic of the reverse on there

7. 180IQ

180IQ Active Member

The seller should weigh it. A fake wouldn't weigh correctly, then it can be sold with a higher starting price.

8. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

They can be made out of real silver, which is why he said it passed the magnet and other test.

9. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

There's no guarantee of that.

This is the same seller who's offering a polished 1925 Peace Dollar as a "Proof." :)

Camreno likes this.
  10. 180IQ

180IQ Active Member

I cc! the CC looks way off

11. 180IQ

180IQ Active Member

The cc on the real deal has sharp points as far as I can tell those are blunt.

Camreno likes this.
  12. 180IQ

180IQ Active Member

I'm over the 1891 CC anyway, I want an 1891 OC. The OC's are really popular these days.

13. 180IQ

180IQ Active Member

I guess if you got it and it ended up being an 1891 with putty cc, it would still be worth $25 after you scraped the putty off!

14. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

What's an "1891 OC?"

15. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

I cant believe people are bidding on it, its up to $60 bucks

16. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Doesn't matter, he's still out of luck. Selling fakes, even fakes marked COPY, violates eBay policy. Get it, determine that it's fake, and he'll be forced to refund you in full. Your only risk is that they may make you send back the whole lot (at his expense).

17. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

No way, im pretty sure its a fake, im not taking the risk lol, too much of a hassle

18. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

How many mintmarks have you seen that were made with putty?

19. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

Up to $80, im guessing it will go around 100 at the end. Soooo.... who wants to go into business? lol

20. 180IQ

180IQ Active Member

I've never seen a mintmark made of putty, but that mintmark doesn't look legit, and I've heard of puttied coins.

21. Camreno

Camreno Active Member

I couldn't look closely at the mint mark, but the nose mouth and date look off.

Draft saved Draft deleted