Faded Bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by volker00, Aug 28, 2009.

1. volker00

volker00 Coin Collecting Noob

My buddy got this $1 in change a while back, and I traded him a regular dollar for it. I figure someone just left it in the sun or by a window or something. Anyone know what would cause this? Ive never noticed a bill like this before, maybe I just haven't been paying attention.

This is the front and back, sorry for the crummy cropping of the pic:

[​IMG]

The actual back is a little bit lighter than the in the pic.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. itsallngoodtime

itsallngoodtime Beachhunter

I've seen it but on old $1.00 notes, the ones that have Hawaii on the back but I couldn't say way?
    Bob

4. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

its just been washed out or had some chemical has been applied. i have one just like it only from 1969. people sell them on ebay all the time as errors which they are not.

Attached Files:

5. schwalbe

schwalbe Junior Member

Thats nice info to have

6. CrustyCoins

CrustyCoins Twilight Photographer

Anyone want to do some experiments to see what chemical turns green into orange on U.S. notes? :rolleyes:

7. COUNTRYGRLVA

COUNTRYGRLVA Junior Member

My mother use to work in a uniform cleaning service and would bring home paper money frequently that looked like the one in your photo. I agree with earlier post, it is due to chemicals used in laundering, especially industrial strength cleaners.

8. ziggy9

ziggy9 *NEC SPERNO NEC TIMEO*

common bleach. This bill has gone throught the wash in a garment that was bleached.

Been there, done that.

Richard

Draft saved Draft deleted